Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
henryebook
henryebook began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Amazon Send-to-Kindle E-Mail

Hi everyone,

I have a kindle touch. I try to send my e-books from calibre to gmail to kindle". However, it never works even if I approved my "@gmail.com" in "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail", as below.

If I go this route: calibre => [user]@Kindle.com => kindle , it doesn't work either.

Now my solution is to send my e-books via this route : calibre => gmail => [user]@Kindle.com => kindle". It works. It's kinda stupid 'cause I have to manually forward the mails from gmail to @kindle.com. I cannot login @kindle.com to verify my gmail for forwarding. Is there any way that we can log in [user]@Kindle.com?

I try to contact amazon's customer and they always said : go for the amazon website. But I have try what the website says! Thank you for everyone's help.

Last edited by henryebook; 01-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.
henryebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
First, do you have wifi access? When you use the [name]@kindle.com address your books will be delivered with Whispernet at a fee of $.15 per megabyte or $.99 per megabyte depending where you are. If you have wifi then you can send to the email address [name]@free.kindle.com instead without any fees (both emails send to your kindle and are automatically set up by Amazon).

Second, the @kindle.com (and @free.kindle.com) email account for your Kindle is a version of whatever email you used to set up your account, [name]@gmail.com in your case I assume from your post. If you are using the [name]@free.kindle.com address to send books then you'll get an email from Amazon to your gmail.com account telling you that the book will download when you turn on wifi and including a link if you want to download with a cable.

If you've been able to set up calibre to send emails to your gmail account, then it should be easy to add the [name]@free.kindle.com or [name]@kindle.com email in the 'Sharing books by email' section of Preferences and using that address calibre should be able to send directly to your kindle.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
why not just have calibre send it right to your kindle ...use the cable??? so much quicker ...one step instead of 7 ...
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
oscarig
oscarig began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1(a.K.a. Jinke), Kindle Dx, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
Would that work (sending files through wifi and calibre) with a Kindle DX 1st. gen.? Because I´ve tried the same and it doesn´t work, meanwhile it does with Kindle touch (I have both). Thanks
oscarig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryebook View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a kindle touch. I try to send my e-books from calibre to gmail to kindle". However, it never works even if I approved my "@gmail.com" in "Send-to-Kindle E-Mail", as below.

If I go this route: calibre => [user]@Kindle.com => kindle , it doesn't work either.

Now my solution is to send my e-books via this route : calibre => gmail => [user]@Kindle.com => kindle". It works. It's kinda stupid 'cause I have to manually forward the mails from gmail to @kindle.com. I cannot login @kindle.com to verify my gmail for forwarding. Is there any way that we can log in [user]@Kindle.com?

I try to contact amazon's customer and they always said : go for the amazon website. But I have try what the website says! Thank you for everyone's help.
There's a new program that lets you upload files to be sent to your Kindle directly if you are a Windows user. No need to use email anymore.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
henryebook
henryebook began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
To Synamon,

Yes, I have wifi but no 3G.

I actually can't send to my @free.kindle.com. It always show such error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 105, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 778, in _get_socket
File "ssl.py", line 344, in wrap_socket
File "ssl.py", line 121, in __init__
File "ssl.py", line 283, in do_handshake
SSLError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:499: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Could you kindly offer your setting (host name/ port number)?
henryebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
And this is a BRILLIANT option, very very fast and works flawlessly, have already used to load Many books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There's a new program that lets you upload files to be sent to your Kindle directly if you are a Windows user. No need to use email anymore.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Rebecca_06
Rebecca_06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Such an awesome idea, can't wait 'til the Mac users get one!
Rebecca_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca_06 View Post
Such an awesome idea, can't wait 'til the Mac users get one!
Make sure to let Amazon know. The more mac people that ask for one the more likely they are to release it. It so quick and easy now to send books to my Kindles because it uses my upload speed directly to amazon's fast server and by passes gmail's slow server.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
gedece
gedece began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi FI
I'm using Send to Kindle and it's a woderfull add on for Chrome. Configuring it is a two steps process. You have to configure the @free.kindle email in Send to Kindle, and add the send to kindle email to the amazon page, in the Approved Personal Document E-mail List add kindle@klip.me
gedece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle touch, send-to-kindle e-mail