Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #1
limon
limon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505; Irex Iliad; Irex DR800SG; Entourage Edge;
PE for $119+shipping at 1Saleaday

In case someone is interested in acquring a PE for a resonable price - head over here and get one. The sale should be available for another 22 hours. I'm not affiliated with them in any way - just thought it would be a good idea to provide the information just in case.
limon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Yup, came to post the same thing. A steal.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Yup, came to post the same thing. A steal.
Very Woot-like?!?!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
would anybody buy one for me and ship it to uk via usps if i paypal you? if yes pm me please.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I hope someone was able to get that for you, Vicinc. I got on too late.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #6
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

nobody unfortunately. I have 2 pe, one is with my daughter now. one is not working borked.
My wiffy wants one.... so I am in the dog house. I said better get another one. and keep the borked one for tests / spares? shame!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Vicinc, which part is borked. I thought it was the LCD screen and I can't find your original post on the problem. As I said on the chainfire thread, if you are ever down this way and I'd look at it, it might be hardware and not software.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
OT, but just some info on my own SaleADay experience.

Nothing but a bunch of crooks IME. Totally unresponsive, basically took my money and I never saw my purchase. 3 months, dozens of emails later and an official complaint filed with the NYC/Long Island BBB and I finally got my purchase price back. This occurred in late 2009.

I ain't alone. Just something to consider...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
vicinc
Guru

is the eink apps not working at all. screen is stuck on initialising.
also any update golden or not reboot after 2 dots and deletes the update.zip file.
copied all the system file from working unit still no luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Vicinc, which part is borked. I thought it was the LCD screen and I can't find your original post on the problem. As I said on the chainfire thread, if you are ever down this way and I'd look at it, it might be hardware and not software.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Vic I wish I saw your post I would have bought a second one just for you. I did buy one from 1sale though. I might have found a job working on cars again. Not really what I want to do but I can't turn down the money.

Anyway I'm going to play with my second PE and see if I can turn it into an automotive diagnostic scanner. I just picked up a bluetooth OBDII adapter (that plugs into your car) for $18.50 and there is lots of software being developed for Droid for this reason.. such as the TORQUE app.

I can also use it to look up repair information and play angry birds on when the boss isn't looking (ah hah hah).
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post

Nothing but a bunch of crooks IME. Totally unresponsive, basically took my money and I never saw my purchase. 3 months, dozens of emails later and an official complaint filed with the NYC/Long Island BBB and I finally got my purchase price back. This occurred in late 2009.

Eeep! Thanks for the heads up, Lestater. I hope no-one has to go through what you did. They seem like Woot, which apparently is very good on the customer service front.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
Anyway I'm going to play with my second PE and see if I can turn it into an automotive diagnostic scanner. I just picked up a bluetooth OBDII adapter (that plugs into your car) for $18.50 and there is lots of software being developed for Droid for this reason.. such as the TORQUE app.
Neat. Let us know how that goes. I have Destinator 9 working with my PE and Bluetooth GPS for navigation, so now I'm interested in something, probably USB, that will interface with the OBDII and give me instantaneous readout of gas mileage and maybe other goodies. I've read that Bluetooth on the PE is really only set up for BT headphones.
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #13
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triskalleon View Post
Neat. Let us know how that goes. I have Destinator 9 working with my PE and Bluetooth GPS for navigation, so now I'm interested in something, probably USB, that will interface with the OBDII and give me instantaneous readout of gas mileage and maybe other goodies. I've read that Bluetooth on the PE is really only set up for BT headphones.
We'll find out. My phone contract is up next month and I'll probably be going droid with it too. Anyway if it doesn't work with the PE I can use it with that phone I believe.

As far as what you what have you checked into the SCANGAUGE? It's about $100 and looks like it does what you want.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
OhSewMe
OhSewMe began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I like 1Sale....so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post

Newbie here....Sorry you had a bad experience with 1sale, lestatar. I've ordered a few things from them and have always gotten them.....one item, I actually forgot about---it came, but it must have been weeks late....but, I have heard of others having problems. I'm glad you got your money back.

Anyways, I did order the PE yesterday--I hope I haven't jinks myself now, and I'll actually get it! lol It has a model number of CE00151A, that I can find nowhere....and, not sure if this is a really old model or what.

I have an Android phone, but I know this thing will be totally different....given this, should I do the updates before I do anything else on it, or wait? (I hope it's ok to post this question here, if not, please let me know)

Thanks much!!
OSM
OhSewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSewMe View Post
Newbie here....Sorry you had a bad experience with 1sale, lestatar. I've ordered a few things from them and have always gotten them.....one item, I actually forgot about---it came, but it must have been weeks late....but, I have heard of others having problems. I'm glad you got your money back.

Anyways, I did order the PE yesterday--I hope I haven't jinks myself now, and I'll actually get it! lol It has a model number of CE00151A, that I can find nowhere....and, not sure if this is a really old model or what.

I have an Android phone, but I know this thing will be totally different....given this, should I do the updates before I do anything else on it, or wait? (I hope it's ok to post this question here, if not, please let me know)

Thanks much!!
OSM
First thing I would do is download the update file before the server from entourage is shut down. Then completely charge it up if you plan on doing any updates. Then when you actually do update, make sure its plugged in. You can either play around with 1.6 or just update it right away. 2.2 is actually better IMHO. There are threads around here on how to update. But I basically copied the file onto a USB stick then hold down the home/rotate button then turn it on and keep holding the home/rotate button till the update screen pops up. Also, the update file has to be on a root directory and renamed update.zip. if the icon on your pc shows a zip type icon, the file extension is already in *.zip format so you just need to change it to 'update'.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote