Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 01-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Will X-rays damage my tablet PC?

I have taken laptops through airport security before, but they close and the screen is not directly exposed to X-rays. However my Lenovo tablet does not have a cover and I am planning on taking it with me on a trip. Should I get some kind of protective sleeve for it?
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
It will be fine. Since the xrays go streaming right through the case of the laptop, then the screen and innards of the device anyway there is really no difference between two.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #3
johnrsmith
Enthusiast
johnrsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
It will be fine. Since the xrays go streaming right through the case of the laptop, then the screen and innards of the device anyway there is really no difference between two.
Thank you for the assurance.
johnrsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've taken tablets through airport scanners literally hundreds of times. No problems at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote