Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
8bit
8bit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Headless Calibre on Linux VPS

I'm looking for a current HowTo for installing and running Calibre-server on a Linux VPS CLI only setup.

I have Calibre installed using the code here.

I read through this HowTo but she appears to be using a GUI with her Linux distro here.

I found the following thread here but is a bit dated and one of the links is broken and it's almost a decade old.

----

I have Calibre installed via the Linux install instructions. My goal is to have Calibre running with the web interface at 8080, configured to point to a specific folder for new ebooks to import (I think I have the correct command here as an example) so any books I upload will automatically be imported via a cron job on my CLI Linux VPS and of course access the web interface remotely.

What I'm confused about are the commands to:

1. Configure a non-standard user to use with calibre (would separate user accounts allow for separating books by user??)

2. Running Calibre-server so that it runs on port 8080 and pointing to the correct folder to allow for importing of newly added ebooks.

3. Database syntax - not sure I fully understand the why not the how to accomplish this.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

8bit
8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
The calibre Content server manual. (Has sample scripts for running calibre)
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

Command Line Interface.
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...cli-index.html

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
I'm looking for a current HowTo for installing and running Calibre-server on a Linux VPS CLI only setup.

I have Calibre installed using the code here.

I read through this HowTo but she appears to be using a GUI with her Linux distro here.

I found the following thread here but is a bit dated and one of the links is broken and it's almost a decade old.

----

I have Calibre installed via the Linux install instructions. My goal is to have Calibre running with the web interface at 8080, configured to point to a specific folder for new ebooks to import (I think I have the correct command here as an example) so any books I upload will automatically be imported via a cron job on my CLI Linux VPS and of course access the web interface remotely.

What I'm confused about are the commands to:

1. Configure a non-standard user to use with calibre (would separate user accounts allow for separating books by user??)

2. Running Calibre-server so that it runs on port 8080 and pointing to the correct folder to allow for importing of newly added ebooks.

3. Database syntax - not sure I fully understand the why not the how to accomplish this.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

8bit
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
piboy.kumar
piboy.kumar began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use this : https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre

It has https://guacamole.apache.org/ in it.

Check it out if you haven't already.
piboy.kumar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, cli, headless, linux, server