Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #1
wftl
wftl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Some docx files convert to blank epubs

Greetings all,

I've run across a couple of docx format files recently that convert into a blank epub. I should point out that the resulting epub is blank on most devices and readers (including ebook-viewer) but there are a couple of programs out there that do, in fact, display the text (example, okular under KDE). One interesting discovery is that if I read the docx file into LibreOffice and immediately write it back out (no edits of any kind), the conversion works perfectly.

Any thoughts as to where I could look for answers? Is there a good docx validator that would tell me whether there's something wrong with the source file?

Thanks,

-- Marcel
wftl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Going to need more information per the sticky post at the top of this forum.

"How to ask a question about conversion problems"
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert