Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Won't send books after 0.9.5 update

I was excited when MTP support was added, and I could use calibre to send to my stock Nexus 7. It's worked great thru each upgrade -- until yesterday.

After upgrading to 0.9.5, now calibre won't send books. I watch the job search and find object after object after object. Somewhere around 96% complete and about 30 minutes, calibre finally errors out with the following:

calibre, version 0.9.5
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 167, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 139, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 130, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 33, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 414, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147944029 facility=7 error_code=1629 description: Data supplied is of wrong type.

I've rebooted my PC and my Nexus mutliple times yesterday and today, but continue to get the same error. FWIW, I noted that the metadata.calibre file in the root of my Nexus is dated 12/31/69. Don't know if that's of significance or not.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite View Post
I've rebooted my PC and my Nexus mutliple times yesterday and today, but continue to get the same error. FWIW, I noted that the metadata.calibre file in the root of my Nexus is dated 12/31/69. Don't know if that's of significance or not.
That date can't be a good sign. Have you check the date/time setting on the Nexus? You can delete that file, Calibre will rebuild it (it just takes more TIME)

BTW a error on a single book usually means something about the title/file is odd, not that the Calibre install is bad.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmwrite View Post
After upgrading to 0.9.5, now calibre won't send books. I watch the job search and find object after object after object. Somewhere around 96% complete and about 30 minutes, calibre finally errors out with the following
I'm not at home so I can't attempt to duplicate the error. If it is 96% done (transferring books?) then it would seem one book is the cause. Send smaller batches until you come across the bad book.

BTW I also have a Nexus 7 and have decided not to connect via MTP transfer, instead I connect to calibre using the Calibre Companion (wifi required) android app. This app has many advantages in managing and launching my books on my Nexus 7. Well worth the minimal fee asked.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-03-2012 at 11:25 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I deleted the metadata file, and let calibre go for 45 minutes. It seems to have looked at each and every file on my Nexus, but eventually synced ok. After that, it took the usual minute or two to send over the latest 8 or 10 books.

Unfortunately... Someone went into my office yesterday and took my Nexus out of a zippered compartment in my briefcase. No pings at all from Lookout, nothing from Plan B either, so I'm guessing it's gone for good.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote