Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-07-2020, 03:09 AM   #301
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Try this.

How done:
(...)
It's quite better. While reading a book it's good as before and in the dictionary manager of the PB, there are no more "strange codes". It's easy to read.
thanks a lot.
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #302
InMyPocket
InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.InMyPocket can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Pocketbook
Hi,

Here is a version of the Nouveau Littré I made from some Marksimus

https://gofile.io/d/tkG9CS

It was made using the tools and scripts described in my other post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=76

The Nouveau Littré is quite goode but I rather like the Wiktionnaire (much more entries and more definitions) see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...96&postcount=1

Last edited by InMyPocket; 02-09-2021 at 02:32 PM.
InMyPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 05:34 AM   #303
nhduc
nhduc began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Could you please repost the version of the Nouveau Littré ? The link is dead. Thanks in advance !
nhduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 06:03 AM   #304
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I'm down with Corona (whole family is, actually. ) But I'll look at it the coming week.

Does this mean that the whole pCloud repository link is dead (See first posts in this thread)? Or did you click an older link from the defunct Stack IP fileserver?

EDIT: Wrong thread! Sorry. Sick. Go to developers subforum and look for 'Dictionary format revisited'.

Last edited by Markismus; 02-06-2022 at 06:07 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 03:14 AM   #305
3ddy
3ddy began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Spanish?

Thanks for all the great tips and resources! Does someone have decent Spanish dictionary? Spanish - English or Spanish - Dutch (even better)?
Spanish - Spanish would also help.

I have tried to buy one via PocketBook but that does not seem to work.
Thanks in advance!
3ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:23 PM   #306
mandelgado58
mandelgado58 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 3 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ddy View Post
Thanks for all the great tips and resources! Does someone have decent Spanish dictionary? Spanish - English or Spanish - Dutch (even better)?
Spanish - Spanish would also help.

I have tried to buy one via PocketBook but that does not seem to work.
Thanks in advance!
Hello I have several spanish dictionaries. I am looking for a French Spanish dictionary if you can help me. I do not know if you still need them.
mandelgado58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 02:31 PM   #307
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Hello, I'm trying to convert .dict files to .dic with converter.exe. It doesn't work dragging the .dic file and the folder with the auxiliary files and dropping them on the executable because it shows "error in arguments".

Does anyone have the instructions to run this program from cmd?

Edit: If I drag and drop all four files directly on converter.exe, it shows "cannot open collate file".

Edit again: It seems that program only converts from .xdxf files, so I have to translate .dict to .xdxf

Last edited by viceant; 02-17-2024 at 06:09 AM.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 09:43 AM   #308
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I seem to recall that the converter works with stardict files, as well as xdxf. You will need to translate to one of those. The input file should also be encoded in UTF-8. I've attached the google-translated instructions that came with the DictionaryConverter-neu\ 171109.zip version of the converter. There was a converter package called DicConverter4_1.zip that used to be distributed that contains a movie of a conversion using a gui, for those that learn by watching rather than reading. Maybe that is still available somewhere on the net.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Instruction_eng_GoogleTranslate.txt (3.1 KB, 29 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:52 PM   #309
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I seem to recall that the converter works with stardict files, as well as xdxf. You will need to translate to one of those. The input file should also be encoded in UTF-8. I've attached the google-translated instructions that came with the DictionaryConverter-neu\ 171109.zip version of the converter. There was a converter package called DicConverter4_1.zip that used to be distributed that contains a movie of a conversion using a gui, for those that learn by watching rather than reading. Maybe that is still available somewhere on the net.
Thanks, but I already had the file you have uploaded and the others needed.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:33 PM   #310
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
When you mentioned dragging "all four files" onto converter.exe, I thought that you didn't know what arguments were required. Anyway, maybe someone else will find the translated readme file useful.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:37 PM   #311
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
When you mentioned dragging "all four files" onto converter.exe, I thought that you didn't know what arguments were required. Anyway, maybe someone else will find the translated readme file useful.
Well, I type "C:\DictionaryConverter\converter.exe <file.dict> eng" from the program folder, in which there the .dict file and the folder "eng" with the files for English, and it shows "error in arguments". I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: If I only type ">converter.exe file.dict", it shows "Usage: converter.exe DIC_FILE LANG_DIR". So, I guess I'm typing correctly

Last edited by viceant; 02-18-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:54 PM   #312
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Well, I type "C:\DictionaryConverter\converter.exe <file.dict> eng" from the program folder
Did you type those "<" and ">" marks? You almost certainly should not.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 03:44 AM   #313
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Did you type those "<" and ">" marks? You almost certainly should not.
No, I didn't. I guess the dictionaries I have are not suitable for converting. It's a pitty because I liked them, but I need to check other ones.

Thanks.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:57 AM   #314
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Edit again: It seems that program only converts from .xdxf files, so I have to translate .dict to .xdxf
Either that (xdxf) or tab delimited csv file format.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:45 AM   #315
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Either that (xdxf) or tab delimited csv file format.
No, I found out it converts from .dict too, but it seems not do it with all files.