Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
Tonycole
Tonycole is on a distinguished road

Device: Various Sony ereaders, Kindle and Nooks
Hello all, and greetings from the Philippines on a cool afternoon

Hi, I have just joined this forum, which by the looks of things is a lively and interesting one.

I have been an owner of an eReader now for some time, and am completely besotted with the thing, take it everywhere I go - except underwater when scuba diving, of course!

As I said in my profile, I have just recently set up a blog on the subject of eReaders, eBooks and everything around this topic, and will occasionally (if this is permitted here) place posts asking people for their experiences with particular eReaders, or other points that I wish to write a post about as I feel that this would be much better than the normal stuff I get from the companies who make and sell these things, or from the professional reviews one reads on the net (CCnet and so on).
I am not going to be poaching from this cheerful forum, but I would like to contact people who have a point they would like to make, and who could possibly use my blog as a platform for their thoughts.

Anyhow, all that aside, I shall add my comments to the various threads I see here when I feel moved to.
Tonycole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Tonycole, welcome to MR!

How about a zip-lock bag for underwater? Or better yet, start manufacturing a custom waterproof sleeve! I'm sure you could make a million bucks with that idea--don't forget to pay me royalties!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fish-Hello.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	45688 Tonycole, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Tonycole.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MobileRead.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Tonycole and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Tonycole

What a friendly welcome from you all Many thanks! Not sure about the zip lock bag idea... Hmmmm....... Actually, believe it or not, there is a water proof case made for eReaders, by a company called M-edge, I have reviewed it on my Blog. Looks very impressive too. Sort of looks a bit like those cases you put cameras in when diving.... Not sure how or why they came to the decision to produce such an accessory. I suppose it is for someone who already has everything they could need in life.

Anyway, again my thanks for the friendly welcome.
Tony
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Tony & welcome to MR. Instead of the ziplock for the reader, check this out - liberate your non reading time
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 AM   #9
Tonycole

Water proof eReaders......

Well I am blowed! Seems Parker (above) wasn't so far from the mark with his suggestion of using a Zip Lock bag to protect my eReader whilst diving!

Only problem with the thing you suggested is that it is only water proof to 1 meter.... and I tend to be 30 meters under the sea. But that aside, it would mean that I could read in the shower, and that idea has its charms, if for no other reason that it would be such a silly thing to do.

I shall for sure do a small post on that bag though on my blog.... I love getting hold of such off-beat items to put in the blog, makes it such fun for me to write!

So thank you for the link!