Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
bhaylett
bhaylett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
A Good Word for Ebook Library!

I never thought I'd utter a word of praise for Ebook Library, but it's a damn sight better than using its upgrade. I installed the upgrade yesterday, found the whole Library missing and a refusal to import files from my separate book collection. So I've uninstalled, reinstalled the original, and found all books back in the Library, and the Reader and SD Card listed. Probably the upgrade might have synched the latter in a few hours - but why on earth an upgrade cannot preserve the previous files, God knows!

Mind you, it would still be nice to have a software program that really made it simple to compile collections (which is the only time I use Ebook Reader, rather than sticking the SD card in the computer and copying the quick way).

Brian
bhaylett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaylett View Post
Mind you, it would still be nice to have a software program that really made it simple to compile collections (which is the only time I use Ebook Reader, rather than sticking the SD card in the computer and copying the quick way).
Have you tried calibre? Every tag you add to a book becomes a collection.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert