Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My Kindle Sock

While I'm waiting for a decent Kindle case I pulled out a skein of Opal Rain Forest Sock Yarn and made myself a sock.

Knitted in the round on size 3, started with 80 stitches. Knit in stockinette stitch until 1 inch before desired length. Switched to garter stitch on the front and continued in stockinette stitch for another inch. Cast off garter stitch portion and continued in stockinette stitch to make a flap (first two and last two stitches done in garter stitch). Knit the last inch of the flap in garter stitch. Knit 2 I Cords for a closure.

The model in the picture is my fat cat, Jeri.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle4.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	25010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle5.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	25011  
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Oh that's very nice!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm impressed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Very cute both the sock and your model !
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
KimmyA
KimmyA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
You did a great job. I really like the colors. It's pretty.
KimmyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #6
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
I'm better with a sewing machine. Will have to give a design some thought. Reminds me of all those crazy people paying $20 for 5 little socks for their pod. Take a look in a Goodwill, Flea Market or make it yourself for goodness sake. I like your color selection.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the compliments! The yarn is one of the engineered yarns that form patterns and stripes as you knit so it's quite easy to end up with a nice looking item.

I also sew and am thinking up a possible case/cover but don't have the time now to devote to that.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #8
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
That's a really cute cover.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
Emmalita
Emmalita began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Really cute! Good job.
Emmalita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
Cyndall
Cyndall is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505 and 700
You could sell those on Ebay! Really cute.
Cyndall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

Considering how long it takes to knit (8 to 10 hours) I don't know if I could charge enough to make it worth my time. That's the problem with handmade items, you really can't count your time when it comes to pricing. So, I knit for myself and my family.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #12
Plumfan
Plumfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
If I put that next to my ten ton cat for a picture, he would try to perch on it.
The sock is lovely, I wish I was crafty.
Plumfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
While I'm waiting for a decent Kindle case I pulled out a skein of Opal Rain Forest Sock Yarn and made myself a sock.
Nice
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #14
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
That's lovely! Good job!!!
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #15
PrendereEtPrendi
PrendereEtPrendi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Really sweet!
PrendereEtPrendi is offline   Reply With Quote