Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 01:35 AM   #1
opruitt
opruitt began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Self into to group

New to the forum but a long time e-book reader. My first was the Nuvomedia Rocket Pro (about 10 years ago), moved through the REB1100 and then the REB1200.

Now I just (finally) jumped on the Kindle because of the $70 off offer right now. I have only had the Kindle for 3 days but I'm liking it. It is a bit of a change form the other units I've owned. Much lighterand the display, I love! I would prefer no keyboard but it's not that big of a problem. Another feature I would like is the ability to remap or turn off the next/prev page buttuns on the left side of the unit. I tend I hit those by accident a lot. Maybe it's just a learning curve.
opruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome. Welcome, indeed.

I own a Kindle which I bought in February and also a Sony PRS 505 which I bought this summer. Interestingly, when reading on the Kindle, I tend to use the left-hand buttons almost exclusively -- and I'm a right-handed person. I think that may be, however, because I'm often reading while eating and the fork is in my right hand.

When I first got the Kindle, the keyboard seemed superfluous, but now I find myself adding notes to books all the time. I really miss the "highlight" and notes capability when I'm reading on the Sony Reader.

At this moment, I am well into:
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch on the Sony Reader
  • The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett on the Kindle
  • Earth Has No Sorrow by Michelle Blake in a Mass Market Paperback
  • High Noon by Nora Roberts on unabridged CD

I do love to read and have so many books both in paper and in electronic edition, that I should be able to entertain myself for a very long time.

Make yourself at home. Poke around on the forums and get to know the regulars -- and tell us more about yourself, particularly the books you are reading, favorite authors, etc.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi opruitt and welcome to the Forum. I think you're right that inadvertantly hitting the page turn button is a learning curve issue. I borrowed a Kindle over a weekend and by the time I gave it back, I'd broken myself of the habit of accidentally turning the pages.

I've been reading on devices for a long time. In fact, I had a Newton back in the mid 90's although there were no eBooks for it. And started reading on an iPaq about nine years ago. Now have a Sony 505 and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote