Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #61
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Cover shows fine on my K3... Thinking... Cover thumbnail?... Thinking... Book format is now KF8, was KF7?... Thinking... I need to further

[EDIT 2013-02-27] you are not alone

Ahah, a new insight in cover view! Would anyone know the specs for that special thumbnail and special directory?
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #62
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Ahah, a new insight in cover view! Would anyone know the specs for that special thumbnail and special directory?
Not sure just what you want to know, so as a spoiler:
Code:
[root@kindle us]# ls -l documents
. . . .
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       5827063 Dec 29 13:35 Apress.The.Definitive.Guide.to.SQLite.2nd.Edition.pdf
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb  4 17:13 Apress.The.Definitive.Guide.to.SQLite.2nd.Edition.sdr
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Feb 26 12:14 BBB-LastAction.sdr
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           702 Feb 25 13:12 BBB-LastAction.txt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        280044 Jan 15 12:28 Flowers for Algernon.azw3
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          8192 Mar  5 15:49 Flowers for Algernon.sdr
. . . .
Code:
[root@kindle us]# ls system/*
system/userannotlog  system/version.txt

system/Search Indexes:
Index.db                           y517db6dcb12675e878e800f7c1008542  ycb2c2850881be573e825f299fca11a52
Index.lg                           y87f81303e793e924ff4bcd0d098b7f68  yd8ed8c5a64628c56ad7184b17b62d403
y078fddb50cfb647b1839d61a9f533309  y89e32e9c5453ee01d45a646682fea070
y3b055a79d7281026dc415aac51b93f86  y9cc376fa7b055456567590b31c44c79e

system/acw:
stock-authorpages-20130109054504.acx  stock-translator-20130109054504.acx
stock-corrections-20130109054504.acx  stock-wikipedia-20130109054504.acx
stock-endactions-20130109054504.acx   stock-xray-20130109054504.acx
stock-gotoui-20130109054504.acx

system/kf8:
383cf0d8be0d364938b6ec7b31442c3b  725c43aa08832a4b78d4f240c49d2533  9cd51394b8aea8335112e722b8f179aa
7094e18640f89db4c17532b50d5e1952  80380aaef6878e501aedce72fb6df552  d3584fa71407f4f80d68ab6755e044c8

system/thumbnails:
thumbnail_19828.jpg                     thumbnail_B0053VMNYW_EBOK_portrait.jpg
thumbnail_B005064LTK_EBOK_portrait.jpg  thumbnail_B0058H42JU_EBOK_portrait.jpg
thumbnail_B0050BXW7W_EBOK_portrait.jpg  thumbnail_B00771M5IA_EBOK_portrait.jpg
thumbnail_B0050BXW8Q_EBOK_portrait.jpg  thumbnail_B00771M8JQ_EBOK_portrait.jpg
thumbnail_B005306NQM_EBOK_portrait.jpg  thumbnail_B00771V978_EBOK_portrait.jpg
thumbnail_B0053VMNY2_EBOK_portrait.jpg  thumbnail_B00771V9HS_EBOK_portrait.jpg
And Gimp reports:

thumbnail_19828.jpg (A Christmas Carol)
pixel dimensions: 216 x 324 pixels
print size: 3 x 4.5 inches
resolution: 72 x 72 dpi
color space: RGB color

thumbnail_B0053VMNY2_EBOK_portrait.jpg (The Oxford American Dictionary)
pixel dimensions: 216 x 276
print size: 3 x 3.833 inches
resolution: 72 x 72 dpi
color space: grayscale

The Oxford American Dictionary does not display as tall as the other covers, the thumbnail baseline is the bottom edge.

Not all displayed covers have a thumbnail.

The cover for "A Christmas Carol" was generated by the Kindle itself when the book was placed in documents over USB storage. (I guess books didn't come with jpeg thumbnails back in 1843.)

Last edited by knc1; 06-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #63
fred_be9300
fred_be9300 doesn't litterfred_be9300 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite + Android apps
Quote:
I wrote that "new insight", although it was hardly new
What I know about the PW covers, I mostly learnt from the forum here, with the origin probably this thread on the Calibre forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193805
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192561

The thumbnails folder is system/thumbnails
The thumbnail filename rule I dont' know for sure. Seems to use the UUID or ASIN or something. You could check the Calibre source code (or ask over there)
The thumbnails must be max 330 px high (or so - I don't know the exact limit). Probeably there's a width limit too.

If I remember correctly, (I read that stuff a month ago), the Kindle Touch uses a similar approach, but needs even smaller thumbnails.
OTOH, the Android apps for instance, happily retrieve the cover from within the .mobi file.

HTH

Last edited by fred_be9300; 06-01-2013 at 11:26 AM.
fred_be9300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #64
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks knc1, fred_be9300. I have updated my Klingon guide which can be grabbed from a spoiler on the OP to v0.4. The contents has not changed other than trying to enable proper cover view (on the Touch and PW) by

1- Creating a 180x240 thumbnail from the 600x800 cover
2- Adding the thumbnail metadata in the .opf
3- Kindlegenning
4- Using MobiMetaEditor to add a fake¹ ASIN=B000KEB6WW and CDEtype=EBOK in additional EXTH (113, 504, 501) records.

I didn't test, not having these devices. Let's call it tentative until someone reports results.

[EDIT] Ah well, didn't work : lex1000 tested it

¹ This ia a real product ASIN, which I selected to insert more easily the metadata, it is just not one for a book.

Last edited by PoP; 06-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #65
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@PoP: IIRC (it's been a while), provided the ASIN is valid (ie. not a Calibre UUID), and the metadata pointer to the thumbnail is correct (both Calibre & Kindlegen handle that properly, provided you have a decent cover, AFAIR), the Kindle should build & cache a thumbnail from the book itself.

(I think fred_be9300 managed to dig up most of my better answer on this very subject from the Calibre forum ).

Where it can get tricky is that there a weird bit of caching involved, and if you 'trick' the Kindle by *replacing* the file from outside of the OS (ie. over USB/SSH), all hell breaks lose and the catalog gives up on the thumbnail, even (or especially, can't remember) if you supplied a thumbnail jpg yourself.

So: delete the file *from the Kindle itself*, then upload a new version. (AFAICT, what you did seems correct, I'll take a look at it with KindleUnpack, though).

I mostly work with KF8 files, so there might be an extra weird step for KF7 files...

EDIT: Ah, yes, now I remember. There is indeed a bit of trickery involved depending on the format.

KF8: It doesn't build the thumbnail from the book, it downloads it from Amazon's servers (thus the requirement on a valid ASIN). If, like Calibre, we sideload the thumbnail ourself, we don't care about the valid ASIN requirement, it works fine with a Calibre UUID.

KF7: It does build it from the book, and yours is properly setup, metadata-wise.

So, err, I guess with a combo file, since those devices are KF8 aware, it defaults to the annoying KF8 download thing, which is why we sideload the thumb ourself in Calibre.

My warning about the weird caching of the cataloger still applies, though, since I definitely remember it biting me on the ass during my initial Calibre tests .

As for the PDOC banner/cdeType, I don't *think* it has any other impact on all this, although, again, I do most of my tests with EBOK cdeType, not PDOCs .

EDIT²: If this post doesn't make any kind of sense, it's on me. I've been staring at my backlog of posts for a few hours now (wee! 3 months and a half left! xD), and I'm calling it a night (well, an early day, I guess, since it's now nearly 6AM, *sigh*).

EDIT^3: Wait, actually, it does have an effect. I think KF8 PDOCs also fall back to the built-in thumbnail, but you have to live with the personal doc banner.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-25-2013 at 01:40 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #66
PoP

Thanks for your explanation. It *does* make absolute sense despite your backlog

True : I wanted to use the EBOK cde type to avoid the personal doc banner.

Yep, I think sidereplacing the book (instead of OS deleting + re-sideloading) is a likely culprit for cache corruption. My OCD won't let me sleep well until a capable and willing user retests the procedure... or I buy a PW myself
Old 09-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #67
PoP

Metadata updated in my guides.

After learning something more from dimasic and NiLuJe (thanks guys).

I have updated my 3 guides (metadata only, no new content) to Klingon v0.5, Vulcan v0.3, and Ferrengi v0.2.

I am hoping that upon sideloading the .azw or .azw3 split components, thumbnail cover view will work consistently and the personal document banner will not show up.

I have split the combo .mobi generated by Kindlegen and I have included in the archives the KF8-only .azw3, and KF7-only .azw components after modifying their metadata per post#64

Grab them from spoilers of the OP

Last edited by PoP; 09-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #68
PoP

Tommy, you are off topic... Really‽

Today I changed my « My User Details »¹ to ⠋⠑⠑⠇ ⊻ ⠟⠥⠺⠎⠞⠺⠕⠺⠁⠞⠾ ≡ 0 and felt that I owed an explanation.

When I edit this field, it needs to have the following seven⁴ attributes.

1) It has to be terse (the explanation *can* and perhaps as this one, *should* go to great lenghts). Why settle for 140 characters à la twitter when you can constrain yourself further to a ≤25 characters of the User Details field.

2) It must be enigmatic and puzzling (but must never be totally cryptic or hermetic). That is the fun part : finding what it means. And the more layers the better. In my example, the and mathematical symbols² are at the first layer of the puzzle, indicating that XORing the terms together is identical to zero. But at the second layer the Unicode Braille Patterns are not even the same, so how can XORing them solve to zero? This leads to the third layer where one learns that Braille Patterns are symbols *without* connection to an alphabetic letter or number.

3) It must be meaningful. There must be a message or an idea to convey. It must be sensical and if there is a context it must be related to it. In this case I posted this explanation in the thread about my Nadsat Translation Dictionary to indicate that the fourth layer of the puzzle involves a translation. Since the Braille Patterns are not tied to a single language they act like a one way function. Finding the source language which lead to the Braille code is not easily reversible but here is a tool to help you out . Nadsat should already have hinted you that the first term is english-Braille for feel and the second one russian-Braille⁵ for чувствовать . This is the fifth layer of the puzzle. If the Braille was embossed (who knows, maybe are you reading on a haptic screen) you could feel *feel*. At this point you could cheat and ask for a Google Translation, but since this is about math, you already know that at this sixth layer the terms must have identical meaning (if not identical representation) since XORing them is ≡ to 0. And finally, there is a seven layer⁴ᵇ (the one where all of it started) and contrary the title it is not off topic other than this other thread : about Tommy.

4) It must be specialized and consistent in style. À la Randall Munroe , if you ever followed the series of updates, my main subjects of interest are Language, Math and History.

5) It has to be somewhat appealing. Using fancy Unicode helps a lot here. Well, if you read this far, it must have attracted enough of your attention!

6) It benefits from being Hyperlinked with explicit web references and more subtly by cameo appearances. In my errand searches, I inevitably discover something totally different. For example the title of this post contains a cameo of my previous User Details edition U+203D≡ᴳᴺᴬᴮᴼᴿᴿᴱᵀᴺᴵ≡8⇂Ǝᄅ+∩ . And the links I have sprinkled throughout will hopefully send you in different paths.

7) It is an Open art where you must not count your time³. I primarily craft this for *me* and I spend much more time than I will admit to. I sincerely hope it will catch your interest, but I don't expect nothing in return. I share it freely, kindly and respectfully. And if you use it I will certainly follow you.

NOTES:

¹ I know. Some users set their forum preferences so they will never see any of it. See all they miss!

² A shame that I couldn't find a more elegant APL math operator for this.

³ It is a hobby after all.

Seven is a good number and I had to stop somewhere.

⁴ᵇ See ⁴

⁵ BTW I don't speak or read Russian
Old 10-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #69
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
You see I knew it had to be something like that :P

hehehehe
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Today I changed my « My User Details »¹ to ⠋⠑⠑⠇ ⊻ ⠟⠥⠺⠎⠞⠺⠕⠺⠁⠞⠾ ≡ 0 and felt that I owed an explanation.

[...and it was a long explanation with pretty formatting]
Чувствуется, что сообщение написано от души. Did you write it all in forum's message field? Then I feel your pain.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #71
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
pain from the heart
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #72
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Чувствуется, что сообщение написано от души. Did you write it all in forum's message field? Then I feel your pain.
No pain felt, I used Wizkey with my custom key mapping :
Spoiler:

# WizKey key definitions
# File is in UTF-8 format
# Lines beginning with # are ignored

# If you wish to customize WizKey please copy this file to
# a new filename (with .wizkey extension) as upgrades to
# WizKey will replace this file.

# A sub menu is defined by a header line in square brackets [] on a single line
# followed by multiple lines with individual menu items
#
# [<accelerator character>,Description (comment){optional hotkey}]
# <accelerator character>,character(s) (comment){optional hotkey}
# ..

# hotkeys can be one or more of Ctrl, SHIFT, ALT, or WIN followed by
# a key, all joined by + signs.
# Don't define the same hotkey for more than 1 menu
# Some characters imply the SHIFT key, for example
# Ctrl+: implies Ctrl+SHIFT+; as you must press SHIFT+; to get a colon :
# some example hotkeys
# Ctrl+F1
# Ctrl+Win+A
# Ctrl+Shift+F10
# Win+`
# Ctrl+Alt+Win+A

# First part of the file holds various settings
# fonts can specify alternates separated by commas

# accelerator text
accelerator_font=Segoe UI,Lucida Sans Unicode,Arial
accelerator_font_size=12

# menu text
text_font=Segoe UI,Lucida Sans Unicode,Arial
text_font_size=12

[',Acute (á ć é){Ctrl+'}]
',´ (stand alone acute)
a,á
c,ć
e,é
g,ǵ
i,í
k,ḱ
l,ĺ
m,ḿ
n,ń
o,ó
p,ṕ
r,ŕ
s,ś
u,ú
w,ẃ
y,ý
z,ź

[",Double acute (ő ű){Ctrl+"}]
o,ő
u,ű

[`,Grave (à è ì){Ctrl+`}]
`,` (stand alone grave)
a,à
e,è
i,ì
n,ǹ
o,ò
u,ù
w,ẁ
y,ỳ

[^,Circumflex (â ĉ ê){Ctrl+^}]
^,ˆ (stand alone circumflex)
a,â
c,ĉ
e,ê
g,ĝ
h,ĥ
i,î
j,ĵ
o,ô
s,ŝ
u,û
w,ŵ
y,ŷ
z,ẑ

[:,Umlaut (ä ë ï){Ctrl+:}]
:,¨ (stand alone umlaut)
a,ä
e,ë
h,ḧ
i,ï
o,ö
#t,ẗ
u,ü
w,ẅ
x,ẍ
y,ÿ

[~,Tilde (ã ĩ ñ){Ctrl+~}]
~,˜ (stand alone tilde)
a,ã
e,ẽ
i,ĩ
n,ñ
o,õ
u,ũ
v,ṽ
y,ỹ

[,,Cedilla/Ogonek (ą ç ę){Ctrl+,}]
,,¸ (stand alone cedilla)
a,ą
c,ç
e,ę
g,ģ
i,į
k,ķ
l,ļ
n,ņ
r,ŗ
s,ş
t,ţ
u,ų

[.,Dot (ċ ė ġ){Ctrl+.}]
a,ȧ
b,ḃ
c,ċ
d,ḋ
e,ė
f,ḟ
g,ġ
h,ḣ
i,İ
m,ṁ
n,ṅ
o,ȯ
p,ṗ
r,ṙ
s,ṡ
t,ṫ
w,ẇ
x,ẋ
y,ẏ
z,ż

[!,Dotless (ı){Ctrl+!}]
i,ı

[-,Macron (ā ē ī){Ctrl+-}]
a,ā
e,ē
g,ḡ
i,ī
o,ō
u,ū
y,ȳ

[0,Ring (å ů){Ctrl+0}]
a,å
u,ů
w,ẘ
y,ẙ

[/,Stroke (ł ø ð){Ctrl+/}]
l,ł
o,ø
d,ð
D,Ð

[;,Ligature (œ æ ß){Ctrl+;}]
o,œ (œ/Œ)
a,æ (æ/Æ)
s,ß

[<,Caron (č ď ě){Ctrl+<}]
a,ǎ
c,č
d,ď
e,ě
g,ǧ
h,ȟ
i,ǐ
j,ǰ
k,ǩ
l,ľ
n,ň
o,ǒ
r,ř
s,š
t,ť
u,ǔ
z,ž

[>,Breve (ă ĕ ğ){Ctrl+>}]
a,ă
e,ĕ
g,ğ
i,ĭ
o,ŏ
u,ŭ

[$,Currency (£ ¢ €){Ctrl+$}]
$,$ (Dollar)
a,₳ (Argentina Austral)
b,₢ (Brazilian Cruzeiro)
B,฿ (Thai Baht)
c,¢ (Cent)
C,Ȼ (CENT)
d,₫ (Vietnamese Dong)
e,€ (Euro)
E,₠ (European Currency Unit)
F,₣ (French Franc)
f,ƒ (Florin)
g,₲ (Paraguyan Guarani)
h,₴ (Hryvnia)
i,₯ (Greek Drachma)
I,₹ (Indian Rupee)
j,₵ (Ghana Cedi)
k,₭ (Lao Kip)
K,₸ (Kazakhstani Tenge)
l,₤ (Lira)
m,₥ ($/1000 Mill)
n,₦ (Nigerian Naira)
o,₡ (Costa Rica Colón)
p,£ (Pound)
q,₧ (Spanish Peseta)
r,₨ (Rupee)
R,៛ (Cambodian Riel)
s,₪ (Israel Shekel)
t,৳ (Bangladeshi Taka)
T,₮ (Mongolian Tōgrōg)
u,₱ (Philippine Peso)
w,₩ (Korean Won)
x,₰ (German Pfenning)
M,ℳ (German Gold Mark)
y,¥ (Yen)
O,₴ (Ukrainian Hryvnia)
z,¤ (Generic Currency)

[[,Punctuation (« »){Ctrl+[}]
<,‹ (left single angle quote)
>,› (right single angle quote)
[,« (left double angle quote)
],» (right double angle quote)
6,‘ (left single quote)
9,’ (right single quote)
(,“ (left double quote)
),” (right double quote)
,,„ (low double quote)
-,— (em dash)
_,– (en dash)
!,¡ (mirrored exclamation)
?,¿ (mirrored question mark)

[],Typography (¿ ¡ §){Ctrl+]}]
?,¿ (inverted question mark)
!,¡ (inverted exclamation mark)
i,‽ (interrobang)
g,⸘ (gnaborretni)
s,§ (section)
t,† (dagger)
=,‡ (double dagger)
.,• (bullet)
p,¶ (pilcrow)
s,§ (section sign)
o,° (degree)
l,◊ (lozenge)
d,þ (runic d)
D,Þ (runic D)

[=,Math (± ∞ ÷){Ctrl+=}]
+,± (approximately)
8,∞ (infinity)
=,≈ (almost equal to)
\,≠ (not equal to)
-,≡ (identical to)
:,
(ellipsis)
',′ (prime)
",″ (couble prime)
!,‴ (triple prime)
`,‷ (reversed triple prime)
<,≤ (less than or equal to)
>,≥ (greater than or equal to)
/,÷ (division)
%,‰ (per thousand)
o,‱ (per ten-thousands)
d,∂ (partial differential)
i,∆ (increment)
n,∏ (n-ary product)
e,∑ (n-ary summation)
.,∙ (product)
x,× (multiplication)
r,√ (square root)
3,∛ (cube root)
4,∜ (fourth root)
s,∫ (integral)
S,∬ (double integral)
Z,∭ (triple integral)
a,∠ (angle)
m,∡ (measured angle)
O,∢ (spherical angle)
L,∟ (right angle)
t,¬ (not)
&,∧ (and)
|,∨ (or)
x,⊻ (exclusive or)
N,∩ (intersection)
U,∪ (union)

[(,Superscript Numbers (¹ ² ³){Ctrl+(}]
0,⁰ (superscript 0)
1,¹ (superscript 1)
2,² (superscript 2)
3,³ (superscript 3)
4,⁴ (superscript 4)
5,⁵ (superscript 5)
6,⁶ (superscript 6)
7,⁷ (superscript 7)
8,⁸ (superscript 8)
9,⁹ (superscript 9)
a,ª (superscript a)
n,ⁿ (superscript n)
o,º (superscript o)
+,⁺ (superscript +)
-,⁻ (superscript -)
=,⁼ (superscript =)
(,⁽ (superscript ()
),⁾ (superscript ))

[{,Superscripts Letters(ᵃ⁄ᴬ ᵇ⁄ᴮ){Ctrl+{}]
a,ᵃ (superscript a)
A,ᴬ (superscript A)
b,ᵇ (superscript b)
B,ᴮ (superscript B)
c,ᶜ (superscript c)
d,ᵈ (superscript d)
D,ᴰ (superscript D)
e,ᵉ (superscript e)
E,ᴱ (superscript E)
],ᴲ (Superscript mirrored E)
f,ᶠ (superscript f)
g,ᵍ (superscript g)
G,ᴳ (superscript G)
h,ʰ (superscript h)
H,ᴴ (superscript H)
i,ⁱ (superscript i)
I,ᴵ (superscript I)
j,ʲ (superscript j)
J,ᴶ (superscript J)
k,ᵏ (superscript k)
K,ᴷ (superscript K)
l,ˡ (superscript l)
L,ᴸ (superscript L)
m,ᵐ (superscript m)
M,ᴹ (superscript M)
n,ⁿ (superscript n)
N,ᴺ (superscript N)
Z,ᴻ (superscript mirrored N)
o,ᵒ (superscript o)
O,ᴼ (superscript O)
p,ᵖ (superscript p)
P,ᴾ (superscript P)
#no superscript q
r,ʳ (superscript r)
R,ᴿ (superscript R)
s,ˢ (superscript s)
t,ᵗ (superscript t)
T,ᵀ (superscript T)
u,ᵘ (superscript u)
U,ᵁ (superscript U)
v,ᵛ (superscript v)
w,ʷ (superscript w)
W,ᵂ (superscript W)
x,ˣ (superscript x)
y,ʸ (superscript y)
z,ᶻ (superscript z)

[),Subscript Numbers (₁ ₂ ₃){Ctrl+)}]
0,₀ (subscript 0)
1,₁ (subscript 1)
2,₂ (subscript 2)
3,₃ (subscript 3)
4,₄ (subscript 4)
5,₅ (subscript 5)
6,₆ (subscript 6)
7,₇ (subscript 7)
8,₈ (subscript 8)
9,₉ (subscript 9)
+,₊ (subscript +)
-,₋ (subscript -)
=,₌ (subscript =)
(,₍ (subscript ()
),₎ (subscript ))

[},Subscript Letters (ₐ ₑ ᵢ){Ctrl+}}]
a,ₐ (subscript a)
e,ₑ (subscript e)
i,ᵢ (subscript i)
o,ₒ (subscript o)
r,ᵣ (subscript r)
u,ᵤ (subscript u)
v,ᵥ (subscript v)
x,ₓ (subscript x)

[%,Fractions (¼ ½ ¾){Ctrl+%}]
1,¼ (one quarter)
2,½ (one half)
3,¾ (three quarters)
4,⅛ (one eighth)
5,⅜ (three eighths)
6,⅝ (five eighths)
7,⅞ (seven eighths)
8,⅓ (one third)
9,⅔ (two thirds)
0,⅕ (one fifth)
a,⅖ (two fifths)
b,⅗ (three fifths)
c,⅘ (four fifths)
d,⅙ (one sixth)
e,⅚ (five sixths)
f,⅟ (one over)
/,⁄ (over)

[R,Roman numbers (ⅰ/Ⅰ ⅱ/Ⅱ){Ctrl+R}]
1,ⅰ (¹)
!,Ⅰ (1)
2,ⅱ (²)
@,Ⅱ (2)
3,ⅲ (³)
E,Ⅲ (3)
4,ⅳ (⁴)
$,Ⅳ (4)
5,ⅴ (⁵)
%,Ⅴ (5)
6,ⅵ (⁶)
^,Ⅵ (6)
7,ⅶ (⁷)
&,Ⅶ (7)
8,ⅷ (⁸)
*,Ⅷ (8)
9,ⅸ (⁹)
(,Ⅸ (9)
x,ⅹ (¹⁰)
X,Ⅹ (10)
a,ⅺ (¹¹)
A,Ⅺ (11)
b,ⅻ (¹²)
B,Ⅻ (12)
l,ⅼ (⁵⁰)
L,Ⅼ (50)
c,ⅽ (¹⁰⁰)
C,Ⅽ (100)
d,ⅾ (⁵⁰⁰)
D,Ⅾ (500)
m,ⅿ (¹⁰⁰⁰)
M,Ⅿ (1000)
0,ↀ (1000)
-,ↁ (5000)
_,ↂ (10000)

[@,Greek alphabet (α β γ){Ctrl+@}]
a,α (Alpha α/Α)
1,ᵅ (superscript Alpha ᵅ)
b,β (Beta β/Β)
2,ᵝ (superscript Beta ᵝ)
.,ᵦ (subscript Beta ᵦ)
g,γ (Gamma γ/Γ)
5,ᵞ (superscript Gamma ᵞ)
-,ᵧ (subscript Gamma ᵧ)
d,δ (Delta δ/Δ)
4,ᵟ (superscript Delta ᵟ)
=,ᵨ (subscript mirrored Delta ᵨ)
e,ε (Epsilon ε/Ε)
3,ᵋ (superscript Epsilon ᵋ)
z,ζ (Zeta ζ/Ζ)
h,η (Eta η/Η)
j,θ (Theta θ/Θ)
6,ᶿ (superscript Theta ᶿ)
i,ι (Iota ι/Ι)
7,ᶥ (superscript Iota ᶥ)
k,κ (Kappa κ/Κ)
l,λ (Lambda λ/Λ)
m,μ (Mu μ/Μ)
n,ν (Nu ν/Ν)
x,ξ (Xi ξ/Ξ)
o,ο (Omicron ο/Ο)
p,π (Pi π/Π)
r,ρ (Rho ρ/Ρ)
s,σ (Sigma σ/Σ)
t,τ (Tau τ/Τ)
u,υ (Upsilon υ/Υ)
f,φ (Phi φ/Φ)
8,ᵠ (superscript lower Phi ᵠ)
,,ᵩ (subscript lower Phi ᵩ)
9,ᶲ (superscript upper Phi ᶲ)
c,χ (Chi χ/Χ)
0,ᵡ (superscript Chi ᵡ)
/,ᵪ (subscript Chi ᵪ)
y,ψ (Psi ψ/Ψ)
w,ω (Omega ω/Ω)

[+,Symbols (♀ ♂ ♣){Ctrl++}]
f,♀ (female)
m,♂ (male)
c,♣ (club suit)
d,♦ (diamond suit)
h,♥ (heart suit)
s,♠ (spade suit)
4,♩ (quarter note)
8,♪ (eighth note)
e,♫ (beamed eighth note)
6,♬ (beamed sixteenth notes)
|,♯ (sharp)
b,♭(flat)
n,♮ (natural)

[*,Other (© ® ™){Ctrl+*}]
a,℀ (account)
o,℅ (care of)
s,℁ (aux soins de)
z,⅍ (AUX SOINS DE)
u,℆ (control unit)
c,© (copyright)
r,® (registered)
p,℗ (playright)
t,™ (trademark)
m,℠ (servicemark)
n,№ (number)
|,¦ (broken bar)

[U,upside down (ɐ ɔ ǝ){Ctrl+u}]
a,ɐ (ɐ/Ɐ)
b,q (q/Q)
c,ɔ (ɔ/Ɔ)
d,p (p/P)
e,ǝ (ǝ/Ǝ)
f,ɟ (ɟ)
g,ƃ (ƃ)
h,ɥ (ɥ)
i,ı (ı)
j,ɾ (ɾj)
k,ʞ (ʞ)
l,ן (l ן)
m,ɯ (ɯ/Ɯ)
n,u (u/U)
o,o (o/O)
p,d (d/D)
q,b (b/B)
r,ɹ (ɹ)
s,s (s/S)
t,ʇ (ʇ)
u,n (n/N)
v,ʌ (ʌ/Ʌ)
w,ʍ (ʍ)
x,x (x/X)
y,ʎ (ʎ)
z,z (z/Z)
0,0 (0)
1,⇂ (⇂)
2,ᄅ (ᄅ)
3,Ɛ (Ɛ)
4,ㄣ (ㄣ)
5, ގ (ގ)
6,9 (9)
7,ㄥ (ㄥ)
8,8 (8)
9,6 (6)

[V,UPSIDE DOWN (∀ Ɔ Ǝ){Ctrl+v}]
a,∀
b,ᗺ
c,Ɔ
d,ᗡ
e,Ǝ
f,Ⅎ
g,פ
h,H
i,I
j,ſ
k,⋊
l,˥
m,W
n,N
o,O
p,Ԁ
q,Ό
r,ᴚ
s,S
t,⊥
u,∩
v,Λ
w,M
x,X
y,Һ
z,Z

[G,SIDEWAY GAUCHE (> ◠ ⩋){Ctrl+g}]
A,>
C,◠
E,⩋
F,¬
G,ᘏ
H,⌶
I,⟞
J,ᓚ
K,⚻
L,⌐
M,ᕒ
N,Z
O,O
P,ᓀ
S,ഗ
T,⊣
U,⊂
V,ᐸ
W,ᓬ
X,✕
Y,⤙
Z,N

[D,SIDEWAY DROITE (ᗉ ߘ ◡){Ctrl+d}]
A,ᗉ
b,ߘ
C,◡
d,⌓
E,⧢
F,╙
G,ᘎ
H,⌶
I,⟝
J,ᓓ
K,V̲
L,┛
M,ᓬ
N,Z
O,O
P,ᕆ
Q,℺
R,വ
S,ഗ
T,⊢
U,⊃
V,ᐳ
W,ᕒ
X,✕
Y,⤚
Z,N

[T,Combining Diacritical Marks TOP ( ){Ctrl+T}]
a,̀ (COMBINING GRAVE ACCENT)
b,́ (COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT)
c,̂ (COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT)
d,̃ (COMBINING TILDE)
e,̄ (COMBINING MACRON)
f,̅ (COMBINING OVERLINE)
g,̆ (COMBINING BREVE)
h,̇ (COMBINING DOT ABOVE)
i,̈ (COMBINING DIAERESIS)
j,̉ (COMBINING HOOK ABOVE)
h,̊ (COMBINING RING ABOVE)
i,̋ (COMBINING DOUBLE ACUTE ACCENT)
k,̌ (COMBINING CARON)
l,̍ (COMBINING VERTICAL LINE ABOVE)
m,̎ (COMBINING DOUBLE VERTICAL LINE ABOVE)
n,̏ (COMBINING DOUBLE GRAVE ACCENT)
o,̐ (COMBINING CANDRABINDU)
p,̑ (COMBINING INVERTED BREVE)
q,̒ (COMBINING TURNED COMMA ABOVE)
r,̓ (COMBINING COMMA ABOVE)
s,̔ (COMBINING REVERSED COMMA ABOVE)
t,̚ (COMBINING LEFT ANGLE ABOVE)
I,̽ (COMBINING X ABOVE)
u,̾ (COMBINING VERTICAL TILDE)
v,̿ (COMBINING DOUBLE OVERLINE)
w,͂ (COMBINING GREEK PERISPOMENI)
x,̓ (COMBINING GREEK KORONIS)
y,̈́ (COMBINING GREEK DIALYTIKA TONOS)
z,͆ (COMBINING BRIDGE ABOVE)
A,͊ (COMBINING NOT TILDE ABOVE)
B,͋ (COMBINING HOMOTHETIC ABOVE)
C,͌ (COMBINING ALMOST EQUAL TO ABOVE)
D,͐ (COMBINING RIGHT ARROWHEAD ABOVE)
E,͑ (COMBINING LEFT HALF RING ABOVE)
F,͒ (COMBINING FERMATA)
G,͗ (COMBINING RIGHT HALF RING ABOVE)
H,͛ (COMBINING ZIGZAG ABOVE)
J,ͣ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER A)
K,ͤ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER E)
L,ͥ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER I)
M,ͦ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER O)
N,ͧ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER U)
O,ͨ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER C)
P,ͩ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER D)
Q,ͪ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER H)
R,ͫ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER M)
S,ͬ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER R)
T,ͭ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER T)
U,ͮ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER V)
W,ͯ (COMBINING LATIN SMALL LETTER X)

[M,Combining Diacritical Marks MIDDLE (̕ ̛ ̀){Ctrl+M}]
a,̕ (COMBINING COMMA ABOVE RIGHT)
b,̛ (COMBINING HORN)
f,̡ (COMBINING PALATALIZED HOOK BELOW)
g,̢ (COMBINING RETROFLEX HOOK BELOW)
h,̧ (COMBINING CEDILLA)
i,̨ (COMBINING OGONEK)
j,̴ (COMBINING TILDE OVERLAY)
k,̵ (COMBINING SHORT STROKE OVERLAY)
l,̶ (COMBINING LONG STROKE OVERLAY)
u,̷ (COMBINING SHORT SOLIDUS OVERLAY)
t,̸ (COMBINING LONG SOLIDUS OVERLAY)
c,̀ (COMBINING GRAVE TONE MARK)
d,́ (COMBINING ACUTE TONE MARK)
m,͏ (COMBINING GRAPHEME JOINER)
e,͘ (COMBINING DOT ABOVE RIGHT)
n,͜ (COMBINING DOUBLE BREVE BELOW)
o,͝ (COMBINING DOUBLE BREVE)
p,͞ (COMBINING DOUBLE MACRON)
q,͟ (COMBINING DOUBLE MACRON BELOW)
r,͠ (COMBINING DOUBLE TILDE)
v,͡ (COMBINING DOUBLE INVERTED BREVE)
s,͢ (COMBINING DOUBLE RIGHTWARDS ARROW BELOW)
w,҉ (COMBINING CYRILLIC MILLIONS SIGN)

[B,Combining Diacritical Marks BOTTOM (̖ ̗ ̘){Ctrl+B}]
a,̖ (COMBINING GRAVE ACCENT BELOW)
b,̗ (COMBINING ACUTE ACCENT BELOW)
c,̘ (COMBINING LEFT TACK BELOW)
d,̙ (COMBINING RIGHT TACK BELOW)
e,̜ (COMBINING LEFT HALF RING BELOW)
f,̝ (COMBINING UP TACK BELOW)
g,̞ (COMBINING DOWN TACK BELOW)
h,̟ (COMBINING PLUS SIGN BELOW)
i,̠ (COMBINING MINUS SIGN BELOW)
O,̣ (COMBINING DOT BELOW)
j,̤ (COMBINING DIAERESIS BELOW)
k,̥ (COMBINING RING BELOW)
l,̦ (COMBINING COMMA BELOW)
m,̩ (COMBINING VERTICAL LINE BELOW)
n,̪ (COMBINING BRIDGE BELOW)
o,̫ (COMBINING INVERTED DOUBLE ARCH BELOW)
p,̬ (COMBINING CARON BELOW)
q,̭ (COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT BELOW)
r,̮ (COMBINING BREVE BELOW)
s,̯ (COMBINING INVERTED BREVE BELOW)
t,̰ (COMBINING TILDE BELOW)
u,̱ (COMBINING MACRON BELOW)
v,̲ (COMBINING LOW LINE)
w,̳ (COMBINING DOUBLE LOW LINE)
x,̹ (COMBINING RIGHT HALF RING BELOW)
y,̺ (COMBINING INVERTED BRIDGE BELOW)
z,̻ (COMBINING SQUARE BELOW)
A,̼ (COMBINING SEAGULL BELOW)
B,ͅ (COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI)
C,͇ (COMBINING EQUALS SIGN BELOW)
D,͈ (COMBINING DOUBLE VERTICAL LINE BELOW)
E,͉ (COMBINING LEFT ANGLE BELOW)
F,͍ (COMBINING LEFT RIGHT ARROW BELOW)
G,͎ (COMBINING UPWARDS ARROW BELOW)
H,͓ (COMBINING X BELOW)
I,͔ (COMBINING LEFT ARROWHEAD BELOW)
K,͕ (COMBINING RIGHT ARROWHEAD BELOW)
L,͖ (COMBINING RIGHT ARROWHEAD AND UP ARROWHEAD BELOW)
M,͙ (COMBINING ASTERISK BELOW)
N,͚ (COMBINING DOUBLE RING BELOW)

#main menu shortcuts follow ([] means no sub menu is created)
#The unicode browser is the only "item" that supports hotkeys currently
[]
\,{unicodebrowser}Select Unicode Character... (){Ctrl+\}
in the Edit Pad Pro editor. Then Cut & Paste to the forum where I formatted styles, links and colours.

P.-S. I am not affiliated in any way with the above software.

Last edited by PoP; 10-27-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #73
PoP

v0.8

Just a minor fix. The dictionary entries can now be extracted with KindleUnpack. Thanks KevinH.

Grab it from the OP.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #74
PoP

thumbnails

Nice find:

In posts #14 and #15 of this thread is a program to create thumbnails from the cover images and to force sideloading them to the /system/thumbnails directory.

Thanks for sharing quiris!

I am hopeful this will finally solve the cover-not-showing issues.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #75
PoP

v0.8+

Changed the metadata of the dictionary and the three guides (named *_new.* in the zips) and added the corresponding thumbnails which can be sideloaded to /system/thumbnails

The metadata is per post #64 with fake but new and unique ASINs.

The thumbnails were generated by quiris program per post#74.

YMMV: I am doing this blind/untested on a K3, hope it works for you

Grab them from the OP.