Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
Drasek
Drasek began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Android Smartphone
Extract KF8 out of MOBI to sell on my own page.

Hello!

I have created a fixed-layout MOBI/KF8 with kindlegen for the kindle fire. The file is 13.5MB big and the KF8 inside it is a lot smaller (ofcourse, the hole epub is still in the mobi, so everything is doubled). While i know the way to extra the MOBI completly (mobiunpack) i want to have only the KF8 part seperatly (like Amazon will push it if someone buys it via amazon.com) to be able to sell it from my own webpage. Is there a script to extract the KF8 to a seperate MOBI to sell it, or can i grab it from the amazon page somehow? Its not reviewed from amazon atm, so its greyed out and i can't do anything with it...

Thanky you very much!
Drasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The newest mobiunpack can split the MOBIs produced by the newer versions kindlegen into its stand-alone MOBI and KF8 components. The resulting KF8 file is the same* as what you would get delivered from Amazon.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=327

Just run the gui (Mobi_Unpack.pyw) and make sure the "Split Combination Mobi Files" box is checked.

* The same as far as testing has proven so far. Amazon could always change things at the drop of a hat.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Drasek
Drasek began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Android Smartphone
Great! Thank you, i didn't know about the "Split Combination Mobi Files" Mode and that it is already working for KF8 files, down to 6.5MB now.
Drasek is offline   Reply With Quote