Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Gedvondur
Gedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo
Exclamation Help! Pandigital Black 7" SCREEN BROKEN

Hello, my friend from work dropped her Pandigital Black 7" tablet from waist level onto a kitchen floor. The glass screen has cracked and the device is unusable.... Does anyone here have any ideas of where to get replacement glass? Or who might be able to repair it in the Toronto Ontario area?

Any and all help is very much appreciated - she'd devastated!!!

thanks
Gedvondur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Broke the glass on a Libra Pro a few months back and I was devistated as well. The answer that I got after much research is "no you can not repair that". My advice is to replace the Pandigital with Pandigital. Best price that I have been able to come across for one is at Amazon.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Gedvondur
Gedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to behold

Apparently, it fell out of its case and hit the floor. Is this a product fault? bad design? there is apparently nothing holding it in....
So, it wasn't really dropped, but the case it came with didn't prevent a drop. I've told her ot go to the Pandigital website and complain.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedvondur View Post
Hello, my friend from work dropped her Pandigital Black 7" tablet ...
Quote:
So, it wasn't really dropped, but the case it came with didn't prevent a drop. I've told her ot go to the Pandigital website and complain.
I suppose if she dropped a carton of eggs you'd tell her it was the carton's fault and to go back to the store and demand each broken egg be replaced. Sheesh.

She dropped it. It can't be repaired. Get over it. Go buy another one. Be more careful.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
Gedvondur

@ gastan: "I suppose if she dropped a carton of eggs you'd tell her it was the carton's fault and to go back to the store and demand each broken egg be replaced."

Not quite. If you went to the store and picked up a carton of eggs and it opened in your hands unexpectedly, you'd blame the carton I think. She didn't drop the case, it slid out of the case. And googling pandigital and broken screen shows a few similar incidents as well.

"She dropped it. It can't be repaired. Get over it. Go buy another one. Be more careful. "

I think she's aware of this now.
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
where did she get it?

In the US, the two biggest sellers of PDNs (Kohls and Bed Bath and Beyond) both have ridiculously lenient return policies. As long as you have the receipt you can take anything back at any time for a full refund.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Gedvondur

She bought it at Costco here in Markham Ontario. I don;t think they'll take it back - worth a try anyways though!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
wolfskitten
wolfskitten began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I took it back to Costco and they totally agreed that the case is a bad design so they gave me a full credit on the reader! Whoo HOOO!
wolfskitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfskitten View Post
I took it back to Costco and they totally agreed that the case is a bad design so they gave me a full credit on the reader! Whoo HOOO!
I'm glad. Costco has excellent customer service. They're one of my favorite stores.

BTW, are you the person mentioned in the opening post?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
wolfskitten

yes it was me he was trying to get some help for
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes it was me he was trying to get some help for
Thanks; glad things worked out for you ...welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it around here.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
wolfskitten

thanks! I've been learning a lot actually
Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
thanks! I've been learning a lot actually
Good! There's bound to be someone on here who knows the answer to a particular question.

We have a great group of people here. And if you'd like some light general social chat to get to know people better, check out the Lounge.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
wolfskitten

awesome! I'll check that out
Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
grapebec216
grapebec216 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigatal e reader
Red face ditto

Quote:

Hello, my friend from work dropped her Pandigital Black 7" tablet from waist level onto a kitchen floor. The glass screen has cracked and the device is unusable.... Does anyone here have any ideas of where to get replacement glass? Or who might be able to repair it in the Toronto Ontario area?

Any and all help is very much appreciated - she'd devastated!!!

thanks
I just did the same thing at church. However, the device was in two cases and the screen still broke. Any chance i can get it fixed also.
grapebec216 is offline   Reply With Quote