Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
Neonical
Neonical began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
AZW4 to MOBI. Completely new to this.

Alright so I've successfully removed the DRM from my book and have now tried to convert it to a mobi file so that I can view it thru my Kindle app on my galaxy tab. No matter what settings I tweek it always ends in the same conversion.

I started trying to put it as an epub file. Would rather it be in mobi.
Either way. It ends up about 1500 pages with very short width and large font. With a large amount of unnecessary indents and new lines within the index and new chapters. I figured it would be an easy conversation since they're both for kindle products but im completely lost now.

I'm not sure what sort of information you'll need to help but i'll do what I can. Any sort of walk thru or help to get this to a more comfortable view would be great.
Neonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Azw4 is really just a PDF lounging around inside a mobi. It's going to have all the exact same issues as a PDF when trying to convert it to anything else. Which means headaches... a lot of 'em.

The book was probably created as a Print Replica/Fixed layout/PDF (whatever you want to call it) in the first place because it contains elements/formatting that doesn't lend itself very well to re-flowable formats like mobi and epub.

PDF is usually the end of a document's journey. And once the document gets there, it rarely wants to leave without a fight.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-18-2012 at 06:45 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
whoqwerty
whoqwerty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Is there a way to convert the azw4 to pdf, whithout changing anything>
whoqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
whoqwerty
whoqwerty began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
answered my own question: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...836#post774836
whoqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw4, calibre, epub, mobi, tablet