Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
trboxman
trboxman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Nook Classic
Calibre can't read B&N purchased content on Nook STR

I just purchased a Nook STR for my wife. Set it up with B&N and purchased a book. Downloaded the book from B&N and opened to read...all of this works.

I then installed the latest ver. of Calibre, configed for Nook STR/Classic, restarted Calibre, plugged in the Nook, opened the Nook main memory and it's blank.

I've powered off the Nook, restarted Calibre, restarted the PC all with the same results, no content visible in Calibre. I connected the Nook to a different machine with Calibre where I connect my Nook Classic, still can't read B&N content on the Nook STR.

I've side loaded content to the Nook STR with Calibre with no issues, can see the content on the Nook STR and can see the content in main memory with Calibre, still can't see B&N purchased content.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? I don't understand what's going on, can someone here help?
trboxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre only shows sideloaded content on Nooks. I can't recall why.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
trboxman

It shows all content on the Nook Classic but only sideloaded content on the Nook STR?

Is this something that is being addressed as a Calibre bug, or something that I need to figure a workaround for?
Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre will show only files that exist under the My Files directory, so if you want your purchased content to show up, move it into My Files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
trboxman

That's not really a solution either since I can't see the B&N purchased content when I look at the main memory as a mounted drive in windows either.

Thank you for your help.
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #6
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by trboxman View Post
That's not really a solution either since I can't see the B&N purchased content when I look at the main memory as a mounted drive in windows either.

Thank you for your help.
B&N purchased content is hidden. That is by design.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by trboxman View Post

Thank you for your help.
Purchased B&N books go to an internal partition you cannot see when mounting the device. If you need a copy of your purchases, you can download from B&N website.

If you check the device settings it tells you there are about 240Mb available; you have an extra 750 for purchases that does not show up.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
trboxman

Thanks guys. That news is a bit sad.