Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
mrh882
mrh882 began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Question Odd Characters When Sending .mobi to Kindle 3

I have an ebook that looks fine in Calibre and the Kindle viewer. No weird characters. When I send it to my K3, however, I get squares with question marks in them. These are not replacing any characters - sometimes before a comma, after a comma, or in the middle of a sentence.

Hopefully someone knows why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks for the help!!
mrh882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool reconvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh882 View Post
I have an ebook that looks fine in Calibre and the Kindle viewer. No weird characters. When I send it to my K3, however, I get squares with question marks in them. These are not replacing any characters - sometimes before a comma, after a comma, or in the middle of a sentence.

Hopefully someone knows why this is happening and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks for the help!!
reconvert with the checkbox in 'look & feel' that is labled 'transliterate unicode characters to ascii" checked.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
mrh882
mrh882 began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Thumbs up Yay!

Whoo hoo!!

Thanks a ton, Alan. I really appreciate the help - that worked perfectly.
mrh882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool YW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh882 View Post
Whoo hoo!!

Thanks a ton, Alan. I really appreciate the help - that worked perfectly.
you're welcome
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote