Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
mechchic
mechchic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Who's portable reader is keeping them company in the Bathroom???

I just thought it would be funny to bring this up considering so many people like to read while on the bowl.

Last edited by mechchic; 07-18-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling error
mechchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:33 AM   #2
mikolaj
mikolaj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechchic View Post
I just thought it would be funny to bring this up considering so many people like to read while on the bowl.
This is the one place where p-books will prevail! The tens of books on the reader just won't do the trick, once the paper runs out
mikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
"Tens of books on the reader" -- I've got over 350 on mine, all in the internal memory of the device without a memory card.

So I'm set even if the paper runs out and there's nobody home to run to the store and buy some more! I'll be able to wait!
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
mikolaj
mikolaj is on a distinguished road

With such a stoic approach you need a small fridge in the bathroom, so that you don't starve, before the rescue comes. Or an industrial grade one plus an SD card if you live in a remote place.
mikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I tried reading in the bathroom

with a regular paperback book, but after one page, the book became pretty much unreadable due to the force of the water from the shower. I bought two copies of the same book, thinking perhaps I had done something wrong. (It came with no directions.) However, the same thing happened.

I decided to try an electronic Reader, and boy! has my life changed!

Now, with the Sony Reader, I'm a convert forever. I can take my Reader into the bathroom, prepare my salad while taking a shower, and also read a few screens while cutting up tomatoes and lettuce. I've installed a disposal in the shower to take care of the extra pieces of food. (Careful, toe!)

I contacted Sony for my endorsement, but they have not yet returned my call.

Thank you,
Don

P.S.: This idea was taken from "Seinfeld."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechchic View Post
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
can some change the topictitle to "whose"... the typo kinda hurts...
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Mine accompanies me into the throne room regularly, however I haven't tried it in the actual shower ... nor do I think I shall ... not even with a ziplock.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #8
mechchic
mechchic began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Sorry about that it was two in the morning and I was at work barely awake. By the time I realized my error I was too tired to try and figure out how to correct it, but thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by mechchic; 07-18-2007 at 09:40 AM.
mechchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #9
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
When I run out of magazines, I admit my Reader does make an appearance.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Sorry, I can leave the reader alone for a few moments while I visit the *throne*, LMAO...........in fact I don't think I do much reading in there at all.... I get in there and get out..........must be a woman thang......
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
It's the only place I can get peace and quiet. I love it when nature's tells me it's time to read.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings View Post
Sorry, I can leave the reader alone for a few moments while I visit the *throne*, LMAO...........in fact I don't think I do much reading in there at all.... I get in there and get out..........must be a woman thang......
Not just a woman thing, I too stay only as long as I need. Also, how do you clean the reader afterward (other than take it in the shower with you?)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Unhappy

I have been know to pass the time when having a sitdown.
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #14
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm one for sometimes reading on the throne. And what I do sometimes is keep magazines in there so there's something to read. It's a good way to catch up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote