Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
This might explain the Growing American Waistline!

Too Much Light at Night at Night May Lead to Obesity, Study Finds

See link:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1011173249.htm
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
If these results are confirmed in humans, it would suggest that late-night eating might be a particular risk factor for obesity, Nelson said.
That, to me, sounds self evident, or at least pretty darn obvious. The headline made me think they were going to report something about night lights making people fat, but it just seems to be saying that having, what normally would be a healthy eating schedule, messed up can make you gain weight.

They didn't need to spend any money or inconvenience the mice, I could have told them that sitting on the couch eating Doritoes late at night will make you gain weight.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
That, to me, sounds self evident, or at least pretty darn obvious. The headline made me think they were going to report something about night lights making people fat, but it just seems to be saying that having, what normally would be a healthy eating schedule, messed up can make you gain weight.

They didn't need to spend any money or inconvenience the mice, I could have told them that sitting on the couch eating Doritoes late at night will make you gain weight.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

IT SO DOES NOT!!! STOP SPREADING THESE VILE RUMORS!!!!!

Exercising makes you gain wait. It speeds up your metabolism and makes you hungry, then you eat more!

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Exercising makes you gain wait. It speeds up your metabolism and makes you hungry, then you eat more!

Looks like Bill might be putting on a few lbs behind that ABBA banner.....hmmm....
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Looks like Bill might be putting on a few lbs behind that ABBA banner.....hmmm....
How dare you.

I can still fit into the same dress I wore to my HS prom.

As long as the back is slit a little.........
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
How dare you.

I can still fit into the same dress I wore to my HS prom.

As long as the back is slit a little.........
Hey! Stop That, I'm talkin' about Bill the Cat in your Avatar!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
That's exactly what I thought! It was the light all along!
And not my eating and lack of exercise!
I feel so much better now!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hey! Stop That, I'm talkin' about Bill the Cat in your Avatar!
Yeah, well he needs his clothes slit in order to fit into them too!!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
That's exactly what I thought! It was the light all along!
[heavy, Darth Vader breathing noises]
Come to the dark side...
[more breathing]
We're good for your figure
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
[heavy, Darth Vader breathing noises]
Come to the dark side...
[more breathing]
We're good for your figure
Not that we can actually SEE your figure in the dark.........
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Not that we can actually SEE your figure in the dark.........
And that's what's good about it, right?

The heavy breathing thing is kinda nice though ..... Maybe from a different person than Vader, tho. The cover-guy-model kind of person......
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
it does? waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Quote:

pheww That's a relief! I was worried for a minute. dsvick stop the lies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

The heavy breathing thing is kinda nice though ..... Maybe from a different person than Vader, tho. The cover-guy-model kind of person......
Then we won't care about the weight gain. It will be dark after all!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

Thats whats nice about the dark......you can imagine the cover guy model type.....
Old 10-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Just mom's conventional wisdom: "Have breakfast as a king, have lunch as a prince, and dine like a beggar."
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote