Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Cannot Open Adobe Digital Edition?

I just downloaded World War Z from Board on Books.

I followed the directions of activating my E-reader, and it showed up on the Adobe Digital edition program. I transfered it over, and now it is on my e-reader.

I click to open the book, and it will not open. did I miss something?
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Did you open the .acm file you downloaded in Adobe and let the book download before transferring?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Yes.

For a 1.6 mb book it only to one second to download.

I can read it on my PC. I had it on the Pc for a little bit before I put it on my E-reader.

I had to find the usb cable. So it had plenty of time before I transfered it.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Yes.

For a 1.6 mb book it only to one second to download.

I can read it on my PC. I had it on the Pc for a little bit before I put it on my E-reader.

I had to find the usb cable. So it had plenty of time before I transfered it.
When you transferred the file to your reader, did you copy it to the readers internal memory or the SD card in the reader?

I found that with the EZ-Reader, you must copy the ADE file to the internal memory first. You can then put it on the SD card and it will open.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
rock
Addict

Internal memory, do not have an SD card for the reader yet.

Also Love the avatar, my favorite movie.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Internal memory, do not have an SD card for the reader yet.

Also Love the avatar, my favorite movie.
My favorite also - the avatar is actually a photo of the vinyl album cover of music from the movie.

The only ADE Books I use are Library books and when I get prompted to download or open the book, I select Open. Adobe opens the book and I think that is when it ADE activates the DRM for you..
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I click to open the book, and it will not open. did I miss something?
A few ebooks have further restrictions by the publisher. This is very rare, so it isn't likely to be the problem, but in Desktop ADE try clicking on the "down arrow" by reading and select Item Info for the ebook.

You could also try BoB's free test ebook to check that it works.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
sorry, posted something I didn't need to and can't delete this.

Last edited by omro; 12-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
rock
Addict

I updated the Firmware and it worked fine.

Strange but now I can read it.

Thanks guys for your help though.

Musicman, I love that album too. I love Shake Your Tail Feather.

Also even though it isn't on the soundtrack but another one of their albums, Rubber Biscuit.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
rock
Addict

sorry for double post, but I found out WHY it doesn't work.

You cannot Read ADE Pdfs using XPDF.

That is what I had it on. So when I redid the firmware it put it back to Adobe Reader.

I just realized it now because I tried switching back to the XPDF and it wouldn't allow me to open the file again.

Hope this helps anyone who gets the same issue.