Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-01-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Shipping Date query

Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone's 'shipping date' is different from the date you placed the order? .. I ordered mine yesterday while the info there is saying won't be shipped until 5th - 13th December and yet the shipping date says 31st October!

Thanks for any insight!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Yes, it was the same on my order. The shipping date still says Oct 28th but when I ordered they said it wouldn't be shipped until Nov 2nd. I don't think they're updating the shipping date on the order details.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Same for everyone, I think. My "Shipping Date" is 28th Oct too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
'real' shipping date showing now *sigh*

now it's showing as the 5th of December - wish it was sooner but i'll live vicariously thru the rest of you until then!!

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #5
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yep,

they changed it for me to. From the order date (28th) to the promised 2nd. Tomorrow we will know for sure
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #6
danachee
danachee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1, Voyage
Christmas is coming ...

Ok, with the shipping date moved, how likely is a currently ordered Bookeen to arrive in the US in time for Christmas? Does anyone have any experience with shipments from France, to know how long it takes? 5 days, 10 days, weeks?

Also, what would be a good cut-off order date?

Thanks loads.

Dana
danachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The delivery times are in the FAQ on the bookeen site item 13

http://www.bookeen.com/faq/ebook-service.aspx
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Transatlantic air-mail generally takes 5-7 days; that's from the UK, but I'm sure it's the same from France. Most of the delay is the time it takes stuff to clear US customs.

My "ship date" has been changed to "2 Nov" too, so fingers crossed for tomorrow . If it really is shipped tomorrow it should arrive Monday or Tuesday, if the gods are willing.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
azog
Enthusiast
azog began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle
I just checked my order now:

Order ID: 2847
Order ID: 10/29/2007
Shipping date: 11/2/2007

Yesterday, the shipping date was showing the same as the order date.
azog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
t_rectenwald
t_rectenwald began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook G3
My order has likewise been updated to reflect an 11/02 shipping date. Gives some relief as, although I ordered it before the December change, I was worried that I'd still get stuck waiting for December.
t_rectenwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #11
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Shipping Date query

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_rectenwald View Post
My order has likewise been updated to reflect an 11/02 shipping date. Gives some relief as, although I ordered it before the December change, I was worried that I'd still get stuck waiting for December.
I placed my order after the December message was showing up on the site but today it reflects an 11/02 ship date. I'm hoping that is true.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
My order changed to 11/2, I email after I ordered & they told me it would ship 11/2 & I would have it on Monday.
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote