Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #76
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
I would be very amazed if you could tether it to your mi-fi given that Android does not support connections to ad-hoc access points.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #77
dspeers
dspeers began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle, ZenPad
Well, I certainly am. Verizon 2200 MiFi creates a 3G WiFi network, allows up to 5 connections. Maybe it's not ad hoc? I can connect my MacBook, iPad, etc, no problem.
dspeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #78
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
I would be very amazed if you could tether it to your mi-fi given that Android does not support connections to ad-hoc access points.
'Ad-hoc access point' doesn't really make any sense.
An access point creates an infrastructure connection. An ad-hoc connection is direct between two devices. They are rarely used. A MiFi device would most likely be an access point, not ad-hoc.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote