Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
kilofox
Connoisseur
kilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litterkilofox doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Whispersync turned off - yet still on??

I have whispersync turned off.

Yesterday my father started a book on his kindle that I have halfway finished on my Kindle.

Today I opened my book and it opens to where he finished last night.

I am 1000% sure I have whispersync turned off.

Why did this happen????

PS... and while I am at, why doesnt Amazon take Whispersync a step further and add syncing across specific devices in the same account?

Thanks....
kilofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You might want to go onto your manage your kindle page and ensure it is off.

Oh, and I agree... setting up sync groups would be a great feature.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
1Bookworm
Enthusiast
1Bookworm doesn't litter1Bookworm doesn't litter

Device: blackberry, laptop, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You might want to go onto your manage your kindle page and ensure it is off.

Oh, and I agree... setting up sync groups would be a great feature.

BOb
Hi Bob

I had a look at my Manage my Kindle page and not sure which section to check to ensure that my Wifi is off.

My battery only lasts for 1.5 weeks before draining so wondering whether Wifi is on without me realising it. When I check it via Menu, it does say Wireless is off. (I do about 4 to 6 hrs reading on it).

Can you please explain?

Thank you
Bernadette

Last edited by 1Bookworm; 02-13-2011 at 12:27 AM.
1Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
If wireless is switched off, you should see the word "OFF" at the top right of your Kindle screen, next to the battery indicator. Also, when you press the MENU button, the first menu option should be "Turn wireless on".

If you see a signal strength indicator next to the battery indicator, and the first menu option is "Turn wireless off", then you currently have wireless switched on.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I had a look at my Manage my Kindle page and not sure which section to check to ensure that my Wifi is off.
I think pilotbob was referring to turning off synchronization on the Manage My Kindle page. Which would definitely solve the OP's issue - regardless of whether or not wireless was turned on.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert