Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #151
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Zo, Herr Hughes, tell me vhy you zink your mother is a zource of depression.....
You haven't noticed the eccentic behaviour of her son, nor our "blame the parent" culture?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #152
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"I have no idea what you mean, good sir!" said Biggles.

"Apparently not," said Harv as he dusted off Biggles' sombrero, "I mean no one would come to Cuba dressed as a cross between a Panamanian pimp and a Mexican tourist attraction if he were with the Army OSI. We leave that for MI6, now don't we?" He winked broadly.

"Oh, you're in the OSI, also? Oh, bugger!"

"Nope, just a concerned fellow citizen who has some experience with Military Intelligence." Harv refrained from adding the perquisite assessment of oxymoronist juxtaposition.

"Well, my very life is in your hands, Mr..."

"Wallbanger. Harv Wallbanger." For some reason, Harv felt the need to straighten up and order a martini. "And you are?"

"Major Geoffrey Biggles, at your service! I suppose it's far too late to try and give you my cover name. Oh, Bloody Hell! I'm making an absolute hash out of all this!"

"First time in the field, then, Biggles?" Harv instinctively knew that no one ever called his new acquaintance Geoffrey.

"Well, it was a plum assignment that came up just as all the other field agents were out on... er other business..." Biggles trailed off and looked distressed.

"Well, good for you, then! What was it you were supposed to be doing, so we can get you back on track? Starting with an actual costume change that might not get you killed, I might add."

"Well, there's this poker game that is going to happen here in Havana within the week and I need to get into the tournament in order to block something very horrible from happening."

"You play poker?"

"I read a book on the passage over."

"Oh bugger!"

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:32 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #153
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

Yes, all of the really successful gamblers and spies learned their trade by reading books.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #154
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that's how i learned, anyway.

"the black dog barks at the moon. the crow flies at midnight, and the blue nun has many crackers."

see ? stealthy !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #155
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Not if that blue nun crunches those crackers in bed. That makes SOO much noise! Not stealthy at all. Nope.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #156
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
"You play poker?"

"Oh bugger!"

And he didn't even say it was a book about poker...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #157
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Maybe it was an ebook and he had a game of Solitaire installed on the reader...
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #158
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Knowing Biggles, he probably read this:
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15715
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #159
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Knowing Biggles, he probably read this:
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/15715
that sounds about right...
Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #160
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ship was finally docked and the gangplank down. The passengers were all lined up and ready to disembark. The Customs and Immigration officials were lined up with their hands out and the captain gave the signal that the hatches were to be opened. A long parade of passengers began to walk down the planks.

A rather large and very plump woman carrying a small poodle wafted past the officals, followed by a small, nervous man who handed out bills in her wake.

Two men dressed in black with white ties and spats sauntered down the gangplank and engaged the officials in light hearted banter and were waved through.

In the back, a small man furtively looked out over the dock area and frequently checked his pocketwatch. Beside him, a large dog sat and looked bored. Finally, a large black car pulled up to the foot of the gangplank andthe pair walked forward.

They were stopped at the foot and asked the usual questions.

"Name?"

"Hank, Comte de Bois Aussi!"

The official moved his lips and looked up. "Count of a forest, also?"

"It's a long story!"

"Here on business or pleasure?"

"Both. I am here for the pleasure of winning a large fortune in a very special game of so called chance, in order to further my business."

"Right. Pass on."

As they walked to the waiting car, the dog said, "Huh. They didn't even ask my name."

"They thought you were merely a dog, my friend."

"You'd think that the only talking dog in the world would get a bit more attention."

"You may not be the only one any more. We lost track of Dr Montsnmags several weeks ago and he seems incapable of not tinkering with such things."

"I'd like to tinker with him if I ever get the chance..."

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-25-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #161
zelda_pinwheel

diantre, le comte is here as well ! this is going to be quite a game...

now, when will we discover what exactly dr. montsnmags did to vivaldi ?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #162
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
diantre, le comte is here as well ! this is going to be quite a game...

now, when will we discover what exactly dr. montsnmags did to vivaldi ?
Didn't you watch the trailer?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #163
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Didn't you watch the trailer?
Oh! So that was... and the ball o' fluff was...? Right - it all falls into place now!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #164
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Okay, already: I had an operation and finished a novel between these installments! Somebody turn the projector back on!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #165
pshrynk

Sorry, my head's in another continuum. After I get back from this trip to Iowa to help my mom, I'll get back to writing. Promise...

Tags
wait, what?, when_harv_met_vera