Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 04:11 AM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Question Overdrive libraries that don't show in Libby

My daughter's school district has added Overdrive support. We can log into the site and download epubs for sideloading or use Overdrive Read just fine. However, the school district Overdrive library doesn't show up in Libby when we try to add it—something we need to happen in order to sync to the Kobo ereader. It only shows up in the Overdrive app. The same login info gets her into Sora, Overdrive's kid ereader app, too, and the books she borrows in Sora show up as borrowed in the Overdrive school district page, so those two services share information, but Libby is closed out. I've sent a help request out to Libby support. I was wondering if anybody had encountered this, and if they had a solution, or at least knew what was happening.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:21 AM   #2
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Why is this post in the KOBO sub forum? It seems to be an issue related to Libby / Overdrive / your daughter’s library.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
Why is this post in the KOBO sub forum? It seems to be an issue related to Libby / Overdrive / your daughter’s library.
It's here because Kobos connect to Overdrive and the borrowed books aren't showing up. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #4
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

I just received a reply from Overdrive. It explains the behavior I have been seeing. Libby only works with public libraries, not school libraries. So, side loading is the only way to get those books into the Kobo.

Here's their reply FYI:
Thanks for contacting OverDrive Support and for sharing your interest in Libby! Thanks also for passing on the issue with the broken support link -- I've passed the details onward for correction.

Apart from this, Libby is only available for public libraries, so you can't use it with your school's collection (and explains why it's not appearing in the search). I'm sorry for any confusion or trouble there.

I encourage you to reach out to your school directly to learn how you can access their OverDrive collection. They'll be able to direct you to the collection, help you get set up (if needed), and more.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Best,
█████
OverDrive Support Services

Tags
libby, overdrive, overdrive read, sora