Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2015, 03:25 AM   #1
zmaster
zmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4
Hide status bar

Hi everybody,

does anybody know how i can hide the status bar (the one on the top of the screen) on a Kindle K4?

I've searched the forum but i've found only stuff related to the K5.

Thanks
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It shouldn't show up while you are reading, so why?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
zmaster
zmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4
I'm trying to use the Kindle as an "info frame" that shows a fullscreen webpage.
On the Kindle K5 i could do it using WebLaunch, on the K4 however i could not find anything similar to that (please correct me if i'm wrong).

I've managed to patch the built-in webbrowser to render the page at full-screen, however it now overlaps with the status bar and address bar so the last thing that redraws covers everything else.
It's not ideal but it's ok as i still need to enter the address somehow so i need to keep the address bar and when the page is displayed it covers it.

The problem is that when the WiFi signal strenght or the battery level changes the system bar is redrawn and it covers the page. The best solution would be to hide that bar completely i guess.
zmaster is offline   Reply With Quote