Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Text-to-Speech on KFHD for books

Has anyone else tested the TSS on KFHD for books purchased from Amazon or your own books?

Every 3-5 pages I found it kinda lost some words/sentences. I have it running 1x speed. The voice is really human sounding. It saves me from have to turn pages as I read along.

What do you guys think of it?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
It's a vast improvement over the previous versions of TTS (unless you prefer to have Stephen Hawking read to you.) Occasional mispronunciations and missed words are par for the course, I think.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
Is there any way to change the default voice? I found that on my K3 I preferred the male voice as opposed to the female (I think I found it easier to understand) - but I don't see any options to change it when TTS is active - and nothing under settings for the device.
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer989 View Post
Is there any way to change the default voice? I found that on my K3 I preferred the male voice as opposed to the female (I think I found it easier to understand) - but I don't see any options to change it when TTS is active - and nothing under settings for the device.
I like the KFHD woman voice, but no I don't see an option for the KFHD. I don't remember on the K3.
new is offline   Reply With Quote