Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Post PDFs: Anything to make them darker?

I have some PDFs with grey font, editing which will take a decade. I was thinking, is there any solution to this like making all text look broader or darker? Some tool that does like the option in kindle?
Would love to find one. Thanks in advance.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
I have some PDFs with grey font, editing which will take a decade.
Editing? Do you have the source document? If so, by all means work with that!

Quote:
I was thinking, is there any solution to this like making all text look broader or darker? Some tool that does like the option in kindle?
I don't know, but I'd love to see if I could figure it out. To do that I would need one to test with. Can you provide a link to one, or upload it here, or are they all under copyright?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 02:43 AM   #3
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a part of pdf for you attached. I have online access to softcopy of books that I have purchased in hardcopy. I printed the chapter out with bullzip pdf printer for portable use. They look good, but they are not a pleasure to look at on e-Ink maybe because of thin or grey font.

Mayebe you could do like increasing contrast or adding to thickness of font without editing methods, because the whole book makes like 50,000 pages on this format. in advance.

Sample.pdf
Old 10-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I don't understand. The watermark in the corner is gray, but the actual content is already black. You can't get darker than black. What do you actually want to do?

Do you want it to use a thicker font? There's no way to do that short of converting the PDF to another reflowable format and then convert back. But you might as well just use calibre to convert to a reflowable format your reader can use and leave it at that.

Last edited by frabjous; 10-17-2010 at 10:30 AM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #5
Nexutix
Reading and reading

oh ,the watermark doesn't matter.
Well, I will get them all converted with calibre. Lets try that...
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by patilsaurabhr View Post
I have some PDFs with grey font, editing which will take a decade. I was thinking, is there any solution to this like making all text look broader or darker? Some tool that does like the option in kindle?
One option, if you have the source file, is to change the typeface to something that appears darker. I prefer a serif typeface for my ebooks and I've found that the Georgia typeface is both darker and thicker than other similar typefaces (such as Times New Roman). A san-serif typeface that I use that might work for you is Calibri.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 10-20-2010 at 03:24 AM. Reason: To add to original post.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote