Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #76
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
It sounds like a factory reset is in order.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:40 AM   #77
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
I tried to make this modification for my new Tolino Shine 3 but it's not working properly for me. I'm not sure if there was something changed in HW during the time on this device, but when I use FW 13.2.1 and patch_installer_tolino_v#.zip everything works fine until I put device to sleep. When I wake it, it opened the book and react on click for about 2 seconds, then it freeze completely and device reboot itself. But this is not happening all the time, sometimes it works and freeze again after 3rd-4th sleep and wake up. Did anytone have this issue ?
What exactly did you do?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #78
Alik
Alik began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
What exactly did you do?
First I loaded the TWRP to device and root image. Then download the FW 13.2.1 and patch_installer_tolino_v9.zip posted by Peripathetic on page 2, installed one by one from TWRP, wipe cache/dalvik. Device started perfectly, everything looks good, but it freeze and then reset itself after wake up from sleep mode. I tried factory reset, tried to create own EpubProd from factory image 14.1.0, but it is the same all the time, freezing and reset, I don't know why. Is there anyone who can upload the full SD image of this modification from Peripathetic please ?
Alik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:08 PM   #79
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
First I loaded the TWRP to device and root image. Then download the FW 13.2.1 and patch_installer_tolino_v9.zip posted by Peripathetic on page 2, installed one by one from TWRP, wipe cache/dalvik. Device started perfectly, everything looks good, but it freeze and then reset itself after wake up from sleep mode. I tried factory reset, tried to create own EpubProd from factory image 14.1.0, but it is the same all the time, freezing and reset, I don't know why. Is there anyone who can upload the full SD image of this modification from Peripathetic please ?
I do not know this modification.
I went this way using this this image (1 GB system partition) - the Tolino partition must be expanded to the maximum size.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:15 PM   #80
Tlnvsn
Tlnvsn began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 1
Thank you very much for the tutorial.

By the way, is there TWRP for the Tolino Vision 1?
Tlnvsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #81
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Just so it doesn’t get lost: I made new German hyphenation dictionaries (hyph_de.dic, de.js) for the Tolinos, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4175533.
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:24 AM   #82
Philippk_94
Philippk_94 began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine 3
Does anyone have a flashable zip of a patched 15.2.0 EpubProd.apk?
Philippk_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:12 PM   #83
euphorion
euphorion began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision 2
Hey People,

Its 2 years later, and I'm a new owner of the Tolino Vision 2.

I would love to get a modified Homescreen, becauce the one i got is just poor.

(i remember my good ol' PRS-T1 Homescreen..)

I just rooted everything and tried to install the provided apk, but got a parsing error. Im sure because of different signing keys..

Right know Im on the latest version 16.1.0 and would love to get an Update.

Thanks for your work!
euphorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:23 AM   #84
ottischwenk
Wizard

Tolino Vision 2 -> Android 4.4.2!
Old 09-20-2023, 01:39 PM   #85
kenta9x
kenta9x began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Page 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Here ist an Image of Shine3 for a 16 GB SD Card with a ~1GB System Partition.
You will need it, when you want to install more apps - 504MB (original size) is very little.
sorry, but do you have the original image of Tolino Page 2, please share it with me? My Tolino Page 2 is having some problems, I cannot copy data from my computer to its internal memory, for example the update.zip file downloaded from the tolino homepage or any other file. any other pdf or epub. Even if I set up the language, date and time, wifi connection and log in to my bucher.de account successfully, it all goes back to the original settings when I turn off the device or restart it. . Thank you very much.
kenta9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:41 AM   #86
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenta9x View Post
sorry, but do you have the original image of Tolino Page 2,
No I haven't
Old 10-16-2023, 07:54 AM   #87
Baerbeisser
Baerbeisser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quick question; that the firmware is on a removable SD-Card, is this always the case in Tolino, the Epos 3 too or only on the Shine line?

Btw, back in the days i replaced the cheap noname SD with a faster one and gained a noticeable increase in reaction & opening time. Still works or are they better now?
Baerbeisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 03:38 PM   #88
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
@Baerbeisser
Removable SD card:
Shine, Shine 2HD, Shine 3, Shine 4, Page, Page 2, Vision 6.
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 03:49 AM   #89
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Keep in mind that "removable" can also mean "requires the use of a solvent to remove glue".
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:40 AM   #90
tb99de
tb99de began at the beginning.

Device: Voyage, Vision 6
Hello,
I'm new here and new at Tolino with a Vision 6 at 16.2.0

I really like to remove the inactive Bookmark Icon from every book side.

Therefore I have decompress the update-16-2-0.zip and also the EPubProd.akp

I found and exchange the res/drawable-nodpi-v4/dogear_image_passive.png
but I found not the res/values directory and the file res/values/strings.xml.

My idea was to modify the update.zip on a PC and install this version on the Tolino.

Is the reason the new Update 16.2 or make I something wrong?

Last edited by tb99de; 11-14-2023 at 10:44 AM.
tb99de is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adb, epubprod, mtp, tolino, twrp