Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Screen protector for the Kindle Touch?

Do you think it would be wise to use a screen protector for the Kindle Touch. My DX actually developed a dead pixel because I think something sharp hit the screen, so this is why I think it might be a good idea to get a protector. However, the protector might create a reflection and reduce readability.

Thoughts?
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
Do you think it would be wise to use a screen protector for the Kindle Touch. My DX actually developed a dead pixel because I think something sharp hit the screen, so this is why I think it might be a good idea to get a protector. However, the protector might create a reflection and reduce readability.

Thoughts?
A good protective case/cover should be all your need on a eInk reader if was a tablet that would be different.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
I wouldn't glue anything to the screen as it will make it less readable. But I would advice using a case or a cover if you carry your Kindle in a backpack and such, left you want something like this to happen
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I don't use a screen protector on any of my other touch screen readers. I use a good cover though & don't take it out.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hrmm my girlfriend actually just purchased a screen protector from Amazon called armorsuit. It seems pretty legitimate. The screen protector is scratch resistant and very clear. I don't know if anyone else has had experience with this but i'd recommend it thus far for clarity, durability, and great touch sensibility.
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
mkflint
mkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to beholdmkflint is a marvel to behold

Device: KT
I bought one of these covers for my Touch. Love it!

(No connection to Lente Designs, blah blah)

http://www.lentedesigns.com/product/...abric_LDSTKT01
mkflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
I put a brand name screen protector on my Sony PRS-350, and while quite clear (almost pleasantly so, seemingly an added sparkle), it increased reflections.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
IF I were to get one of the touch models, I'd avoid an on-screen protector. Increased glare would take away from the "just like reading on paper" effect. I'd just get (or make) a cover for it.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
I don't use a screen protector and I'd be concerned about the screen protector film interfering with the infrared beams that most touch screen eInk use. I do use a cover and sometimes a sleeve on top of that.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The armorsuit one i've been using doesn't affect the screens sensibility whatsoever, has any one else had this experience with another protector? I hate those cheap $2 ones.
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote