Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon's Free App for 26 Oct - OfficeSuite Pro 5

Amazon's free app of the day is -- OfficeSuite Pro 5 ($14.95)

--- Offer Has Expired ---

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Hot lava. Thanks for the heads-up!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon's free app of the day is -- OfficeSuite Pro 5 ($14.95)
Good monkey! Banana Karma for you..
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
Traciinaz
Enthusiast
Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Traciinaz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Kindle Paperwhite 4, Nook 7" Tablet
Thanks for the tip!
Traciinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Anyone having trouble getting it. I'm trying to enter my email address and nothing happens.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Anyone having trouble getting it. I'm trying to enter my email address and nothing happens.

Carol
I had no problems. I buy from the website then I used the Amazon App store to download.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-26-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Monk!
Curved Yellow Fruit to you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:

Carol
Same. but I admit I don't have an android device at the moment. I'm in the market for one and wanted to jump on this promo.. but is that why nothing happens when I put in an email address and hit go?

eta: of course it probably is too much to ask for the app without a device, haha, but a pop-up saying "register your android device" or something would be nice. just nothing happens.

Last edited by seajewel; 10-26-2011 at 02:09 PM.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Same. but I admit I don't have an android device at the moment. I'm in the market for one and wanted to jump on this promo.. but is that why nothing happens when I put in an email address and hit go?

eta: of course it probably is too much to ask for the app without a device, haha, but a pop-up saying "register your android device" or something would be nice. just nothing happens.
The email sends you a link to download the app store. It doesn't send you the program. You must have an Android Device in order to download the Office app through the App Store app. If you don't have one registered on your account you wont be able to get this for free.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-26-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post

I don't have an android device at the moment either. Have a Kindle Fire on order. I have downloaded some of the apps before in prep for my Fire. I enter my email and get an email with a link. Hopefully when I install these on my Fire they will still be free for me.

However on this app, when I click on it Nothing happens. Hmmmm.

Carol
Old 10-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The email sends you a link to download the app store. It doesn't send you the program. You must have an Android Device in order to download the Office app through the App Store spp. If you don't have one registered on your account you wont be able to get this for free.
I have downloaded some of the apps before in prep for my Fire. I enter my email and get an email with a link. Hopefully when I install these on my Fire they will still be free for me.

Carol
Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I had some trouble getting it earlier (I get the apps using my computer) where it wanted my credit card information. I didn't supply it -- Amazon should already have it -- but I was able to purchase it properly (for $0.00) a few hours later.

I think they might just be having trouble on their website today. I've seen on another forum where people are having trouble just shopping normally.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Maybe it is just the website. This time I got a pop up with directions and then an email titled "Amazon Appstore Download." It doesn't really specify if I "bought" this particular app or not, but I guess I have?

ETA: only a little bit unsure because nothing in the email really talks about this app in particular. It just looks like a generic email on how the amazon appstore works..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I had some trouble getting it earlier (I get the apps using my computer) where it wanted my credit card information. I didn't supply it -- Amazon should already have it -- but I was able to purchase it properly (for $0.00) a few hours later.

I think they might just be having trouble on their website today. I've seen on another forum where people are having trouble just shopping normally.
I notice you no longer have to enter CC info to download free apps as of today! That means you can download now directly from the App Store without entering your card info. This is great!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
I don't have an android device at the moment either. Have a Kindle Fire on order. I have downloaded some of the apps before in prep for my Fire. I enter my email and get an email with a link. Hopefully when I install these on my Fire they will still be free for me.

Carol
You should be adding the apps to your Amazon account -- I'm not clear whether you are doing that or not. I don't enter my email when I purchase the free app of the day but I am logged in all of the time so maybe that is what you are doing when you put in your email.

After I buy them I get the order receipt emailed to me and if I look in my Amazon account under "Your Apps and Devices", I can see all of the apps that I've purchased. They are tied to my account, and not my device, so I can install them on any device that I have installed the Amazon Appstore and linked to my Amazon account.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote