Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #271
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post
Dear readers,

I see that getfilename includes the filename extension (.epub, or what it is).

Is there a way to make it to exlude it, and so to save only the filename without its extension?
According to the first post the option is in the customization (see attached) of the plugin. See the first post for more details.

I'm sure someone more familiar will give you a more direct answer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin_preferences.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	517.8 KB
ID:	160529   Click image for larger version

Name:	getfilenamecustomization.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	160530  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:26 PM   #272
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post
Dear readers,

I see that getfilename includes the filename extension (.epub, or what it is).

Is there a way to make it to exlude it, and so to save only the filename without its extension?
@MicheleBS - it works this way (I am only rephrasing what's in the first post)
  • if you provide a File Extension column the extension value will be excluded from the File Name column value;
  • if you leave the File Extension column blank the extension value will be included in the File Name column value.
To hide a column in the book list, right click the column header and select Hide. To hide a column in the book details panel, uncheck it in the Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details list of columns

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #273
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
As @DoctorOhh and @BetterRed have said, the only way to exclude the extension is to load it in a column you're not going to use.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:44 AM   #274
MicheleBS
Enthusiast
MicheleBS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@MicheleBS - it works this way (I am only rephrasing what's in the first post)
  • if you provide a File Extension column the extension value will be excluded from the File Name column value;
  • if you leave the File Extension column blank the extension value will be included in the File Name column value.
To hide a column in the book list, right click the column header and select Hide. To hide a column in the book details panel, uncheck it in the Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details list of columns

BR
Oh, thank you.
And sorry: I would better have to read the first post.

In truth, it is always better to read with attention the entire threads, from the beginning, but, you understand, with 20-page-long discussions a little sense of disarm sometimes appears.

M.
MicheleBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #275
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Copying

Hi I have discovered a bit of a glitch that is driving me nuts. Adding books works perfect. Copying books from one library to another sometimes shows the file name and sometimes doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #276
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, in that situation you cannot be sure of how or when get the file name.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #277
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Seriously? But I love this plugin. Any way you can update it to work with copy and paste?
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #278
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No, sorry, no way to do that as I know. In my use case, when I copy a book from a library to other, the file name goes inside a field, I don't get it again.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #279
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@tarisea - I think it works this way.

Assume in Library A you use GetFileName to store the path to files that get added in a custom column called "Original Path/#origpath". To carry that over into Library B via the Copy to library feature you must select that custom column as one to be copied from Library A to Library B.

If you want a record in Library B that a book got there via Library A, then create another custom column in both libraries named something like "From Library/#fromlibrary". Put "Library A" into it before you do the Copy to library from Library A to Library B.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:30 PM   #280
Immelmann67
Immelmann67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
@Terisa de morgan, thank you for the hard work of making this extension work- it did brilliantly for me while using Windows.
Unfortunately I've just switched to Linux, and when trying to install this extension, it says it needs Calibre 2.79, but the Linux version is only labelled 2.55. I don't suppose you know of a workaround?
Immelmann67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #281
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No, there is no workaround, as it needs some functions that kovid included in that version. Anyway, I would recommend to download and install the current version for Linux (or at least 2.79 for linux if you don't want to go to the 3 version), instead of staying with the version included in the repository.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #282
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Don't use the repository to install calibre; use the official build from the website.

See https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:42 PM   #283
Immelmann67
Immelmann67 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you! I've done that, and it appears to be working again.
Immelmann67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #284
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Is there any reason why I can't get .mobi files to show their dates?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #285
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Is there any reason why I can't get .mobi files to show their dates?
A bug? If you can add a book and attach here the log, I can try to check it. Anyway, later this day (or tomorrow), I'll try to see if there is a fixed list of extensions (I remember something about that, I think).

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin