Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Today, 04:19 AM   #28621
mlewis78
Addict
mlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguemlewis78 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I read this decades ago and it's a stand-out book for me; I put it among the most powerful books I've read in my life. One of those books I think I should reread, but as you say, no ebook. I still have my paper copy, but that makes it much less likely to happen.
I loaned my paperback last week to a friend who might appreciate it (Carlo Levi -- Christ Stopped at Eboli).
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:34 AM   #28622
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Still reading the Harry Potter. And I think I'll also start on this month's F&SF Magazine.
Finished the F&SF Magazine. Another good month. I've liked it a lot more since C C Finlay became the editor.

Still reading the Harry Potter. I've also started The Vanishing Box by Elly Griffiths.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 AM   #28623
Uncle Robin
Zealot
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
After reading the first five of Martin Walker's Bruno, Chief of Police series (4 excellent, 1 OK), I find myself with 40 days to read one book if I am to make my GR challenge for the year. Just enough time to try Le Petit Prince, peut-être.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:40 AM   #28624
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
There is a very poorly formatted epub version available for FREE at Kobo here.
Thank you. I suspect I'm not quite that desperate; I do wish Kobo didn't have all those listings for public domain books which have been scanned and uploaded without being proofed. While I'm obviously Team Kobo, that's something Amazon does much better. Pity about the other source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
I loaned my paperback last week to a friend who might appreciate it (Carlo Levi -- Christ Stopped at Eboli).
Will you get it back?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote