Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Patch- which ones reduce header/footers

Hi,

I have a collection of Kobo readers, from the Glo HD to the H20, and arriving today, the Forma.

I'm familiar with the Kobopatch system and how it works, as all of my Kobos are patched. What I'm not clear on however, is how to reduce the size of the footer. On my H20 with the latest 4.18 firmware, the footer is still a little big for my tastes. I have the footer set to min/max of 26 pixels. Any smaller, the footer text drops below the bezel.

Which one of the patches do I need to customize to get the look I want? Right now I have both the header/footer on. The top is the book progress which looks something like 243/345 and the bottom is the chapter progress which looks like 13/43.

I have the progress bar turned off because it blocks the footer page count #.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
There are 2 patches for changing header/footer height:
  1. Reduce new header/footer height (if you have either header or footer ON)
  2. Reduce top/bottom page spacer (if you have either header or footer OFF)

It's OK to have both enabled, if you're not sure yet whether to have them ON or OFF. To get a better idea of header/footer patches you might like to play around with geek1011's interactive demo.

In addition, if your footer text is interfering with the progressbar then you might also like to look at the fine-tuning which can be done with patch Custom new header/footer font - see screenshots 3 & 4.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Thanks Jackie_w! I remember you from the sony forums, ten years ago. Wow! Some of my first posts were interactions with you.

I figured it all out on my new forma. At first I was having problems with the first and last lines of text cutting off. I fixed that by turning off custom line spacing values.

I set the reduce header/footer to 62 pixels (from the default of 86), and that gives me the smallest header/footer without the text from the footer interfering with the progress bar on the bottom.

So I'm happy with the way things are now- thanks for your help Jackie_w!
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote