Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #16
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
I can't seem to find any Bestbuy Canada flyers that show the Kobo Clara or Forma on sale for Black Friday. Can someone please post a link.
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:48 PM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeldmtl View Post
I can't seem to find any Bestbuy Canada flyers that show the Kobo Clara or Forma on sale for Black Friday. Can someone please post a link.
See here: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/flyer?a...nly_path=false. I'm planning on getting one next week.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #18
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Wish I had $305.09 CDN lying around... I think I'd like a Forma. Oh well, my H2Ov1 is still working great...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:57 PM   #19
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I just got a Clara from Staples using some coupons to get the price down to $104 CAD. One interesting thing I noticed is that the affiliate is set to Kobo. Also, note that mine didn't have any light bleed issues, so it seems they've fixed the issue. It came with FW 4.13.12410 (3/1/19).

Last edited by geek1011; 11-24-2019 at 07:00 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I just got a Clara from Staples using some coupons to get the price down to $104 CAD. One interesting thing I noticed is that the affiliate is set to Kobo. Also, note that mine didn't have any light bleed issues, so it seems they've fixed the issue. It came with FW 4.13.12410 (3/1/19).
I think the light bleed issue has been fixed for quite a while now, though it was a real black-eye when they first rolled out.

Hope you like your Clara. It's a great little device. If it were waterproof, it would be just about perfect.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:07 AM   #21
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
$99 at Walmart. Bought one.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:44 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You might want to start checking the DEALS FORUM, too, where threads are created for actual deals of all kinds that are related to Mobileread's interest.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think the light bleed issue has been fixed for quite a while now, though it was a real black-eye when they first rolled out.

Hope you like your Clara. It's a great little device. If it were waterproof, it would be just about perfect.
I'm pretty sure my Tolino Shine 3 was built in the same factory as the Kobo's Clara and it has no light bleed at all. So I agree with you, I think they got this fixed. If your Clara's screen is like my Shine 3's screen, it's a very nice one. It's spoiling me on using warm light.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:27 PM   #24
Maritimer555
Maritimer555 began at the beginning.

Device: Forma, Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Sony T1 and prs 350
Hi

I picked up a Forma at Coles for $270 which was a $30 discount. As previously stated the Clara was also $30 off. Coles is the smaller cousin to the Chapters/Indigo parent retailer.
I asked and the Forma cover was not on sale. I’m likely going to get a cover on Amazon.
Maritimer555 is offline   Reply With Quote