Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Clairejay
Clairejay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR600
Unhappy Sony Ereader and Adobe digital editions probs

Hi

I have had my sony for two years and in the last 4 days it will no longer let me launch the reader library, i have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 times. i thought I may be able to get away with it by going through adobe digital editions but everytime I now try to use this it says could not find digital editions folder. I havn't added or removed any other programs and have two purchased books from Smiths that have downloaded to goodness knows where. I have spent the last three nights trying to sort this. I have read previous threads but can't really see what I need to do. All help gratefully accepted.
Thanks. Claire
Clairejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Welcome to Mobileread ... Hopefully someone with knowledge will drop by and help ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Clairejay, sorry you are having difficulties. Sounds like something got corrupted in yur system. Sometimes it's not so simple to uninstall and reinstall and you have to delete some extra folders during the process. The instructions are different depending on what kind of computer you are using. If you can state what OS you are using, then people might be able to offer more help. For example, are using a Mac or PC? What version of OS X or Windows are you using?

Here are two thread links that might point you in the right direction. One is for Mac and one is for Windows.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...45#post1296045
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113727
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Clairejay
Clairejay began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR600
Hi Bookwork

I am using Windows XP
Clairejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Hi Claire
You should have a folder called my digital editions in your dociuments folder (try a file search on your PC for acsm files and see where the are located).

You dont actually need your Sony library to open to get your books when you find your editions folder (or the folder you elected to receive them in when you downloaded ADE) you will see an ACSM file. Just drag and drop into ADE when that has loaded you should be able to plug in your reader and transfer it on to your reader.
MY Sony Library does not open either.... must be a UK thing. Let us know if you find those ACSM files and how you get on

Mike
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
IF you've let Reader Library handle your downloaded books before it will most likely be somewhere along this:
c:/users/your name/documents/mybooks/Reader Library
So try navigating there with Adobe if you can't get Reader Library working as it should.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote