Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 04:17 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronhorn View Post
hi, how was the overall experience running koreader on your kindle oasis? any major bugs? and on what firmware you jailbroken your kindle?

Im interested in buying kindle oasis as well, but never used a kindle before. Do you think jailbrekaing a kindle is worth it? my use case scenario is mainly just reading epubs and pdfs (pdf auto cropping on koreader just too good, and my main reason to jailbreak a kindle is just for koreader)
Given that the KOReader experience with an Oasis 3 is not all that good, if you do want to use KOReader, your best choice is to buy a Kobo Libra H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #17
huronhorn
huronhorn began at the beginning.

Device: nova pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Given that the KOReader experience with an Oasis 3 is not all that good, if you do want to use KOReader, your best choice is to buy a Kobo Libra H2O.
Well thats a shame, there's some cheap used koa3 i want to get. Based on many reviews koa3 hardware is amazing but for my use case scenario who didnt buy books from amazon itd be more beneficial to get kobos i guess...

Anyway, do you try/use koreader on koa3 as well? And i wonder if there's some sort of auto cropping on koa3 while reading pdfs?
huronhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2021, 04:44 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
The experience is identical to that of KOReader on any other Kindle. (With the exception that the frontlight warmth is currently unsupported).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #19
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Clara & Libra, Likebook Mars, Kindle Oasis 3
@huronhorn:
I use KOReader exclusively on both Kobo Libra and KOA3. It works the same and perfectly on both.

I prefer using the KOA3 because of the way it fits in my hand and the button placement is more comfortable for me.

The firmware version on my KOA3 is 5.13.2.

@NiLuJe:
I installed one of the nightly releases a couple of days ago and found that the rotation to the left issue is fixed. Thank you!! Works great now.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote