jnieland
jnieland began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3, Boox Leaf 2, Boox Note Air2 Plus
Same for Likebook Mars and Nook Glowlight 3
jnieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:53 PM   #347
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
As noted, when you are in the KOReader App, it will have the device go into suspend mode and upon return be at the point you left reading.

If you are looking for a way to start up the device (from power off) directly into the KOReader App, that would be done from the device's implementation of Android, if it were do able.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 03:16 PM   #348
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to save the orientation of the screen?
Each time I start KOReader on my tablet it opens in landscape mode despite the fact that the tablet is in portrait mode with automatic rotation.
KOReader does not change orientation when I turn the device and its way to rotate are a bit counter-intuitive so once I've found the correct portrait mode I would like it to be the default one.
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:30 PM   #349
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Long press, though I don't know how that would with the auto-rotate on the tablet exactly.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #350
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwang View Post
Is it possible to save the orientation of the screen?
Each time I start KOReader on my tablet it opens in landscape mode despite the fact that the tablet is in portrait mode with automatic rotation.
KOReader does not change orientation when I turn the device and its way to rotate are a bit counter-intuitive so once I've found the correct portrait mode I would like it to be the default one.
Nope. Default orientation was forced to portrait in the past but was changed to "nosensor" because that uses whatever rotation your device uses. AFAICT the rotation matches the boot logo.

Returning back to portrait will make the app unoperative on landscape devices, like Android TV or chrome OS.

This has nothing to do with dealing with gyro events. That's just how the app is started.

About gyro events: they're handled automatically by the framework and we already have all the code to make it happens. See https://github.com/koreader/android-....lua#L480-L493. All these modes work fine but just the 4 (landscape, portrait and their reversed modes) are available using the UI.

Patches welcome to make the UI more complete. In the mean time if you want to have full sensor behaviour you'll need a patch.lua with something like

Code:
local ffi = require("ffi")
local android = require("android")
local C = ffi.C
android.orientation.set(C.ASCREEN_ORIENTATION_FULL_SENSOR)
placed in /sdcard/koreader

Last edited by pazos; 11-28-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: link updated
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2021, 06:37 PM   #351
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I managed to have the reading status synchronized between my asus me302kl tablet and my PC, but still on the tablet the orientation of the screen is random.
Every time I open koreader it rotates the screen as it likes despite the fact that I set a preferred orientation using the long press. The tablet is set to be in portrait mode and the boot happens in landscape if this can help. Often the orientation in koreader changes when I open a book.
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 03:28 PM   #352
pbrouty
pbrouty began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
App crash

On the march 2021 update, the app crashes when trying to delete a highlight from the text and also when trying to remove the highlight from the bookmarks menu. When tapping "Delete" or "Remove", the app crashes.
Running on Boox Nova 3.
Previous version works ok.
pbrouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:56 PM   #353
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, this was fixed in today's nightly .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:20 PM   #354
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xwang View Post
I managed to have the reading status synchronized between my asus me302kl tablet and my PC, but still on the tablet the orientation of the screen is random.
Every time I open koreader it rotates the screen as it likes despite the fact that I set a preferred orientation using the long press. The tablet is set to be in portrait mode and the boot happens in landscape if this can help. Often the orientation in koreader changes when I open a book.
I really answer your two questions in this thread. The app define a custom orientation. No matter what's your device's setup. If you want to get rid of that behaviour please use the patch in my previous post or contribute the code to make it happen.

There's also a setting in settings->screen->orientation to keep the view between books and the filemanager but that won't prevent that KOReader is launched on your device "natural" orientation, which in your case is landscape.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 AM   #355
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Now that KOReader is my default reader app on my Kobo Libra, I'd like to install it on my phone, a RealMe X2 Pro, for those times when I want to read but can't use my Libra. Do I need the ARM apk or the x64 apk? And is synching between the devices covered in the wiki?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #356
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Now that KOReader is my default reader app on my Kobo Libra, I'd like to install it on my phone, a RealMe X2 Pro, for those times when I want to read but can't use my Libra. Do I need the ARM apk or the x64 apk? And is synching between the devices covered in the wiki?
Almost all modern phones are based on arm. Probably yours too unless there's an "Intel inside" logo somewhere.

Syncing between devices works this way:

you need to have exacty the same copy of a book on both devices. Then use https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Progress-sync instructions to setup progress syncing.

There's also another plugin which sends books between KO devices using your LAN, but that's known to be broken: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...sync-transport

I would suggest to push your books with calibre or manually. If you use calibre you'll need to make sure it doesn't embed metadata on the book file, because that would change the checksum of the file becaming another book for the server.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:28 PM   #357
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Almost all modern phones are based on arm. Probably yours too unless there's an "Intel inside" logo somewhere....
I would suggest to push your books with calibre or manually. If you use calibre you'll need to make sure it doesn't embed metadata on the book file, because that would change the checksum of the file becaming another book for the server.

Thanks for helpful reply and the pointer to the wiki. I did once have an Intel powered phone, from Asus, but figured my current phone was likely ARM. I think that given how often I use Calibre to edit the metadatat on my books, it might be easier to continue using eyeball-sync, storing progress in wetware.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:55 PM   #358
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakeao View Post
Trying out KOReader on my android tablet. Book reader looks great, so many options. CSS support is awesome.

But one area I'm hoping for more features is the file browser. Is there something that presents more like a library view, where you can group books by (calibre metadata) series? I plan on using OPDS to get books onto my tablet. Is there a site for plugins that aren't bundled with the APK?
This solution is not native to Koreader but works with every reader.
  • Create tags for your books in a specified format.
    • I use periods as separators to create a hierarchy.
    • I then group all of my books in one directory based on their tags, one directory for each section of the tag.
    • So for example I will have a tag "Programming.Cloud.Azure". This will create a directory structure Programming/Cloud/Azure
  • Under preferences | Sending books to devices - I set my template to be

Code:
    Library/{tags:subitems(0,1)}/{tags:subitems(1,2)}/{tags:subitems(2,3)}/{tags:subitems(3,4)}/{title} - {authors}
  • You can do the same thing under Saving books to disk.
  • Occasionally I have had to go into Device | Configure this device and enter the template there. If you do that be cognizant of the folder edit box. I usually put Library in there and everything after the first "/" in the template box.

JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #359
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
H, I use a lot the autoturn function, but when I installed koreader on my new Onyx boox poke 2 and I enable it, the pages stop turning after about 10 turn

Please help
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:26 AM   #360
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
H, I use a lot the autoturn function, but when I installed koreader on my new Onyx boox poke 2 and I enable it, the pages stop turning after about 10 turn

Please help
Autoturn will stop in the following scenarios:

a) some widget from other app is in the foreground.
b) the KOReader light widget is in the foreground (not affected if you change ilumination with gestures
c) when the screen reachs the timeout (according to system settings).

If you can discard a and b you can fix c: Settings -> Screen -> Screen Timeout. Use "keep screen on".