Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #1
notStanislaw
Lem'me write a user title
notStanislaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Dvorak/vi keyboard layout

Hello,

I made a dvorak/vi keyboard layout a while ago. I don't have time to perfect it at the moment, but the base is there and it functions just fine.
What is the "vi" part about?
I like using vi direction keys, it's what I'm used to, so I implemented the 'hjkl' arrows as well.

I tried to upload the file but the forum won't let me. I dropped it here and it will be there for 30 days: https://upload.disroot.org/r/HAVQk3e...z4AX/1fWoGbBQ=

I also changed something in a key layout selection menu lua file somewhere, but I don't remember by heart which.

I would go the whole git pull request etc route, but I've never needed to do something like that and I don't have the time to figure out these things at the moment.
Still, for those who have similar taste in typing, here it is. Feel free to improve upon the idea and/or officially putting it into KOReader.

Upon popular request, I can also put it on a permanent filebin somewhere.

Happy notetaking,
notStanislaw

Last edited by notStanislaw; 03-10-2021 at 10:29 AM. Reason: adding my time is too short for messing with git _at the moment_
notStanislaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:09 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nice!

The other file you reference is probably frontend/ui/widget/keyboardlayoutdialog.lua, or perhaps frontend/ui/elements/menu_keyboard_layout.lua. Would you mind sharing that too?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
notStanislaw
Lem'me write a user title
notStanislaw began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Sorry, for some reason I had missed your reply.
I just looked and the filenames seemed familiar, but for some reason I couldn't find the list of languages in there. I do remember just kludgingly adding a menu option. Did you happen to manage in the meantime?
notStanislaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:27 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I haven't had time to look at it. Could you open a Git issue and properly upload the file there instead of at an ephemeral location?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote