Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #43066
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I might have just treated myself to a cross stitch order. It's all tools and accessories. Mostly special needles I can't get in the Netherlands. I did splurge on a cute pair of scissors, which was the only thing not on sale. Everything else was 15% to 20% off. They didn't have two Q-Snap frames in stock that I also want, so those I will order when they come back in stock.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 12:47 AM   #43067
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
Listening to podcasts
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:25 AM   #43068
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just completed the weekly chore of getting food; it's funny but eating seems to be a weird habit that I have picked up over the years!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:36 PM   #43069
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Enjoying a coffee between meetings.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #43070
poohbear_nc
What Next?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Spent Friday night ... the entire night ... in the ER - a bit of a health scare, but all seems OK today and I'm back home with the cats. Duke ER waiting room was packed - if I weren't vaccinated I'd have been panic stricken. But my covid test there was negative. Will probably re-test in a week, just to be sure.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #43071
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Spent Friday night ... the entire night ... in the ER - a bit of a health scare, but all seems OK today and I'm back home with the cats. Duke ER waiting room was packed - if I weren't vaccinated I'd have been panic stricken. But my covid test there was negative. Will probably re-test in a week, just to be sure.
A relief to be home and know it was a false alarm, but oy! the ER! They’re like roach motels; once they’ve got you, getting them to sign you out takes forever.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #43072
poohbear_nc
What Next?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
A relief to be home and know it was a false alarm, but oy! the ER! They’re like roach motels; once they’ve got you, getting them to sign you out takes forever.
Knowing that the "walking wounded" population (to which I belonged) would have an incredibly long wait, they immediately put IV lines into us so that we were forced to stay. I spent 12 hours in the waiting room, where it is impossible to sleep, and was finally put in an exam room at 5:30 am. Since no doctor materialized, I fell asleep for 3 hours.

The only thing that got me through the night was my Kindle Oasis ereader.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 05:25 PM   #43073
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
About 3 weeks ago, I took a family member over to emergency, it was a 3 hour wait to see a physician. We were told that as long the waiting area wasn't crowded, I could remain but if it started getting crowded, I would have to wait outside.

About an hour into our wait, one family that showed up as a 11 person group and didn't want to listen when the staff suggested that only 2 of them could be permitted to remain in the waiting area. It took a trio of police officers to convince them that 9 of them would be better off elsewhere.

I'm not sure why what looked like 3 grandparents, 4 parents and 4 kids from 12 to 18 were needed for one grandparent to be checked over in emergency. Though on the bright side, all 11 were wearing masks.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:57 PM   #43074
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Yikes! I hope it's better than "seems to be okay!"

I've had mixed results with ERs. A few years ago I took my son to an ER after a skateboard accident -- he did a face plant onto pavement and looked much worse than it turned out to be -- which was still pretty bad. He wound up waiting a bit, but got moved into a treatment room pretty quickly. EDIT: He was wearing a helmet, but it didn't have a face guard. Most helmets intended for bikes and skateboards don't have much to protect the face.

On the other hand, the last time I went to an ER for myself the nurse at the desk asked me why I was there. My answer -- "I'm bleeding and I can't get it to stop." -- didn't shorten the wait. (It's okay -- a ruptured varicosity -- but without a couple of stitches it would have been more problematic.)

Anyway, I'm glad you're home and I hope all is well!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 04:03 AM   #43075
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Slowly absorbing the fact that an old friend passed away last Monday,and none of his friends (self included) knew about it until Friday.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:19 AM   #43076
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Slowly absorbing the fact that an old friend passed away last Monday,and none of his friends (self included) knew about it until Friday.
I'm so sorry Timebus. Losing a friend is hard, but when you don't learn about it for such a time is even harder.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:53 AM   #43077
timebug
Ancient Sage

Thank you. It was also the anniversary of another death in our circle of family/friends, so somehow the shock seemed deeper. But hey ho, we have to carry on or what is the point?
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #43078
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Somehow I missed this. I'm very sorry to hear it.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?