Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Question How can I rename a Mobi book?

I've noticed that the title displayed in my Cybook is not the name of the file. How can I change it? Renaming the file doesn't do it...
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I've noticed that the title displayed in my Cybook is not the name of the file. How can I change it? Renaming the file doesn't do it...
mobi2mobi in MobiPerl can do this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Thank you! I've been renaming some books but...

I've noticed that the mobi2mobi GUI has an option to choose an image for a book. So I thought about picking a coverless book and add the cover using the mobi"mobi GUI software. However, the cover and thumbnail aren't displayed in the Cybook. Is it a bug?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Mobipocket eBooks store the information about the book in the metadata inside the file. The name has nothing to do with that. Also, if the eBook is Huffdic compressed, Mobi2Mobi will not work to sort it out. But, as most Mobipocket eBooks on the forum are in standard compression mobi2mobi will work fine with them to fix the ones that may not have a cover or improper metadata due to the use of Book Designer to generate the book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Thank you! I've been renaming some books but...

I've noticed that the mobi2mobi GUI has an option to choose an image for a book. So I thought about picking a coverless book and add the cover using the mobi"mobi GUI software. However, the cover and thumbnail aren't displayed in the Cybook. Is it a bug?
Had you transferred the book to the Gen3 previously? If so, you need to delete the "filename.t2b" file in order for the new cover thumbnail to be generated and displayed. It's not automatically re-created when you replace the book file on the Gen3.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Mobipocket eBooks store the information about the book in the metadata inside the file. The name has nothing to do with that. Also, if the eBook is Huffdic compressed, Mobi2Mobi will not work to sort it out.
This is false. Do not spread such mis-information. mobi2mobi do not care how the content is compressed when it edits the meta data.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote