Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #16
kenjennings
Edge User

I had problems getting the shape recognizer to do anything other than straight lines BEFORE the Dingo update. Maybe I'm just not cut out for art.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
emen
Edge User

I've just tried the shape recognizer and it worked really well on circles, triangles, squares, although I have never used this tool before.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
szegan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emen View Post
- it's not a bug, but I wonder why there is no more option to disable turning off the LCD side to save the battery. I often read and type some notes in Docs2Go at the same time, but sometimes more then 5 minutes pass before I type something new, and it really bothers me having to turn on the screen every 5 minutes.
That's funny, I thought this also first. I've changed the language on my eDGE to German. Here I can set the screen timeout between 15 sec up to 10 min or turn it off completely.
It seems to be a bug. ;-)
Anyway, I would suggest to be able to have two settings: one for battery and one for power supply mode (like in laptops).

Old 09-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
- it's not a bug, but I wonder why there is no more option to disable turning off the LCD side to save the battery. I often read and type some notes in Docs2Go at the same time, but sometimes more then 5 minutes pass before I type something new, and it really bothers me having to turn on the screen every 5 minutes.
If you add the Power Control widget to your desktop, the "Lock" icon is the last one. Alternatively, you can place a shortcut to the "Screen Lock" application on your desktop. Personally, the widget is better because you can quickly toggle wifi, bluetooth and screen brightness.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #20
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
I've just tried the shape recognizer and it worked really well on circles, triangles, squares, although I have never used this tool before.
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if I should do an eInk calibration....

Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Hmmm. Makes me wonder if I should do an eInk calibration....
Maybe we both do diagrams better with an etch-a-sketch.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #22
borisb
Edge User

My hand's not that steady, so the lines kinda come out wavy... But really, a computer should be able to read my mind!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #23
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
Maybe we both do diagrams better with an etch-a-sketch.
Quote:
My hand's not that steady, so the lines kinda come out wavy... But really, a computer should be able to read my mind!
You guys are funny. Both the ruler and shapes tool allow you to draw perfectly straight lines. The lines look as if they've been drawn with a parallel rule, not by hand, as if the computer was reading your mind.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #24
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
The first time I opened a document in the Reader after the update, clicking on the menu icons at the bottom caused the reader to change pages as if I had clicked on the paging controls "underneath" the menu buttons. I haven't been able to duplicate it since then.
I have experienced that one as well, but not every time, it's random.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #25
kemar
Edge User

I may be overlooking the option; but on the new calendar provided by Entourage, I understand how to add a new event to the calendar but how do you edit or delete an existing event on the LCD side of the calendar.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #26
kemar
Edge User

Okay I found it. I was trying to do it from the month or agenda view, but it looks like the options only appear when you do a long press on the event from the week or day view.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #27
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
That only works if your mind if stored on SDHC or USB storage. Please wait for eDGe Model 3.0 for general purpose mind reading.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
Euforikus
Edge User

For the Shape Recognizer, did you know you could draw an arrow? It is the hardest one to get down. I do it by using 2 strokes. Give it a try.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
borisb
Edge User

From the Journal Help:
Quote:
... will recognize lines, squares, circles, rectangles, arrows, and triangles. You can draw a shape without lifting the stylus from the screen, or you can make a series of connected lines.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #30
NiaTrue
Edge User

I played with the journal shape tool quite a bit and discovered that one fluid stroke was much more likely to be recognized that connected lines, especially for squares. Though ultimately my journal still has difficulty recognizing squares. Per PonMan's suggestion, I will recalibrate the ereader screen.