Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
New Cases for PRS-505

I found a couple of interesting cases for the 505, and apparently for the Kindle, too. The cases are very padded with what seems to be a memory foam and hold the reader in with the corner straps. They zip closed. They are at amazon.com for just under $22 each.

One has a really nice antique map design, and it has an external pouch to hold cables, earbuds, what-have-you.
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Doub...1441494&sr=8-4

The other is is a black nylon case with no external pocker.
http://www.amazon.com/PRS-505-Digita...1441744&sr=8-2

Edited to add: These cases are sold by Senyx at amazon. There is also a Senyx store at eBay. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/senyx-di...34Q2ec0Q2em322

Last edited by JanetCinNC; 05-04-2009 at 09:08 AM.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
Nice cases to have extra pocket for the accessories. This is the first I see with such. I saw so many cases for the kindle and sony reader but is only cover or casing. But what is important for me here is the thickness or harness of the cover to protect the reader. It seems soft. Also. would it not be a bit bulky?
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Yeah, they look bulky, but I love that antique map cover. I'd like to have a case similar to this, but big enough to hold my reader in its lightwedge cover as protection in my purse. I'd take the reader out of that case while using it.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The first case linked is not one I would buy. The seller cannot even get the photos correct. It shows the case with a Kindle and not a 505. That is just bad practice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote