Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Apple's March 9th Event

So, besides The Watch what do you expect? I am hoping for a new iTouch on the order of size of the new iPhone but I'm not holding my breath.

Your thoughts?
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Just the watch. Hoping for a MBA update though.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I would like a new iPod Touch too, but they usually leave those for the September/October event. I have a feeling all they're going to be focusing on is the watch.

But in all honesty, I'm waiting on a new Mac.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I've seen some speculation on a new AppleTV, but I don't know how credible that is. I suspect that Apple will want to stay focused on the Apple Watch. I'm a bit puzzled over the timing. I had read that the Apple Watch is still expected to go on sell in April, so I'm not sure why they would want to have an event this far in advice of that. Of course, it could be that Apple may surprise and release it early.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I've seen some speculation on a new AppleTV, but I don't know how credible that is. I suspect that Apple will want to stay focused on the Apple Watch. I'm a bit puzzled over the timing. I had read that the Apple Watch is still expected to go on sell in April, so I'm not sure why they would want to have an event this far in advice of that. Of course, it could be that Apple may surprise and release it early.
They timed it to when the clocks change.

The watch comes in two sizes, so I think they have this idea that they want a few weeks of people coming in to try them out, and then pre-ordering. Because if you don't like it and want the other one, you'll be waiting awhile.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
It will just be about the Watch (be ready to faint when they tell you the price) and I reckon they will release 2-3 weeks later.

I can't get excited about new products anymore, can't afford em.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
It will just be about the Watch (be ready to faint when they tell you the price) and I reckon they will release 2-3 weeks later.

I can't get excited about new products anymore, can't afford em.
And they are only "new" fo a year or so. The the next "new" version is released.
Still, I'm hoping for a larger iTouch on the order of the iPhone 6.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 AM   #8
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
Still, I'm hoping for a larger iTouch on the order of the iPhone 6.
Might also be a smaller iPad mini :-)

Then they can charge more for it...
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Might also be a smaller iPad mini :-)

Then they can charge more for it...
Sounds about right
Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'm confused, I thought the Apple Watch had been presented already.

I'd like a new MacBook Pro with upgradable hard drive and RAM, but it doesn't look as if that will happen from the little I've read.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #11
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
curveball. iPin tie-pin.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Most likely the event will cover just the iWatch. Macs are typically released in summer, iPhones and iPads in autumn. I recently bought an iPhone 6 Plus and a Macbook Pro 15.4" Retina with 16 GB, so Apple won't be getting any more of my money or attention for quite a while, other than the occasional app or song.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:34 AM   #13
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I'm confused, I thought the Apple Watch had been presented already.

I'd like a new MacBook Pro with upgradable hard drive and RAM, but it doesn't look as if that will happen from the little I've read.
It has. But since this is an entire new product line, and Apple needs it to keep stock holders happy, they are having a 'launch party' if you will. Respark the media coverage, while releasing the product to the public.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #14
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Well, we were all wrong. It was the watch, and updated macbooks and HBO for appleTV and a lot of talking.

With the way our Aussie dollar has taken a dive against the greenback, all things Apple (well, new stuff) is now out of my price range. They even bumped the prices of refurb stuff thats been in the warehouse. REALLY unimpressed.

I was very interested in the rumoured 12" notebook, it looks gorgeous and sexy and all that... but ONE port for everything? and NO SD card reader? and $1500AU and more to have it? No thanks. I wanted a new laptop, and today I pulled the trigger on a 5 year old ex-lease Macbook. It will be fine, the new stuff presented at the event will not.

As for the watch... and this is coming from someone who loves Apple stuff... WTF????.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #15
The Old Man
Fanatic

I think if I were looking for a Mac Book I would go for the 13" Air unless weight was an overriding factor.
No new and bigger iTouch..oh. well, think of the bucks I saved.