Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
HisLittleOne
Enthusiast
HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPad Mini w/retina
Exclamation Wireless Device Connection Problem

I am having problems with the wireless connection quitting whenever I try to send a book to CC through Wireless. It also does not pull books from Calibre through Content Server, giving me a message that it could not save the book to memory. It was working fine with both Wireless and Content Server for several hours and now it will not send or pull books. It connects to Calibre and both apps see each other, but I cannot send or pull books any more. I restarted both my device and my Mac, but it still will not transfer books. I hope someone can help.

ADDENDUM:

I THINK I DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM: I changed the directory to where the books should go from the default to another directory on my card with a new folder. When I moved it back to the default both content server and wireless transfers work fine. So, I guess that means the books MUST go into the directory set up by default in CC?

Here is the info:

calibre, version 2.12.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Device closed the network connection

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 532, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1361, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 618, in _call_client
ControlError: Device closed the network connection

Last edited by HisLittleOne; 12-08-2014 at 11:40 PM.
HisLittleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that you have an Android device running Android 4.4 (Kitkat) or 5 (Lollipop) and that you put CC's folder on the SD card. Starting with Android 4.4, using random folders on the SD card has been severely curtailed.

See our FAQ answer How do I use an SD card with Android 4.4 (Kitkat) or later?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert