Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Borders Coupon, 30% off One Item, Good Only on 7/12

Borders is doing some work to their website, and if you go their now you are given the message:

We're Sorry!
Our site will be back soon.
We're implementing site improvements and invite you to check back after 8:00 AM.

To make it up to you, use promo code THANKS712 and get 30% off the list price of any one item at Borders.com.

In the small type it says all electronics, including ereaders, are excluded.

It also says certain ebooks are excluded, see the product page to find which ones. I suspect this would be agency books.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
If anybody gets a coupon to work on their eBooks could you let us know? I got an email coupon over the weekend that had that same language and I tried 4 or 5 different books and couldn't get it to work, and I never did find anything on a product page that mentioned coupon eligibility.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
The site is still not working.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The coupon does work on some books. They have to be non-agency books. A good test is if the book is available on Fictionwise the coupon will work. Another way to check is to look up the book on amazon for kindle. At the top of the listing it says Sold by: and then lists the publisher. If it says "This price was set by the publisher" directly under this, your coupon won't work.

This agency stuff is a load of crock. Not being able to use a coupon is ridiculous. I can go to the store and use a coupon on a pbook, so why not an ebook.

-Marcy
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I tried it on The Lost City of Z and this is what it says

30% Off List Price on Any One Item - Unless Online Discount Already Applied
Cart is not eligible for promotion

So I guess it is non-Agency priced books that haven't already been discounted. I don't think I have any of those on my Wishlist.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru

So, pretty much as far as ebooks go, they're giving away snow in the winter. Typical.

Well, if you should want a pbook, perhaps it will help.

-Marcy