Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Beware -- Trojan virus in 0.5.9

Hi all,
I previously tried downloading Calibre 0.5.9 a couple days ago and my virus checker said there was a trojan virus Generic!Artemis. I thought decided to wait a couple days to download it and today I just tried and I got an Artemis virus warning again.

I've done numerous scans on my hard drives so I'm positive my computer was clean before downloading Calibre.

Beware.
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a false positive, i.e., a mistaken identification by the antivirus program you use. calibre is an open source program, you can always examine the source code yourself to guarantee the absence of malicous code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a false positive, i.e., a mistaken identification by the antivirus program you use. calibre is an open source program, you can always examine the source code yourself to guarantee the absence of malicous code.
ARGH! I hate when virus checkers do that! I thought it was weird that you would have a virus on your program, but I was just posting what my computer kept saying. I'll try again.

Thanks.

Nathan
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote