Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Carleton, Susan: The La Chance Mine Mystery v 1 10 November 2008

This mystery western that could be described as an adventure romance, too, bites hard. Listen how it begins:
Quote:
Hungry, dog-tired, cross with the crossness of a man in authority whose orders have been forgotten or disregarded, I drove Billy Jones's old canoe across Lac Tremblant on my way home to Dudley Wilbraham's gold mine at La Chance, after an absence of months. It was halfway to dark, and the bitter November wind blew dead in my teeth. Slaps of spray from flying wave-crests blinded me with gouts of lake water, that was oddly warm till the cutting wind froze it to a coating of solid ice on my bare hands and stinging face, that I had to keep dabbing on my paddling shoulder to get my eyes clear in order that I might stare in front of my leaky, borrowed canoe.
Doesn't that entice you to continue reading?

About the author:
Susan Carleton Jones
1864 - 1926

Canadian writer, best known for her novels depicting the emotional travails of women struggling to achieve self-understanding and autonomy. Her works often feature Canadian settings.

html source comes from PG, cover from manybooks

I can't recommend this enough. I read it in two days and it's quite a biggie.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc The La Chance Mine Mystery.prc (334.4 KB, 875 views)

Last edited by mtravellerh; 11-10-2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: I just have to do some editing, it's my trademark
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, canada, mystery, romance, western