Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 01-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #1
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Northup, Solomon: Twelve Years A Slave. V1. 21 Jan 2014

With the present publicity for the film this book which was published in 1853 appears to have been overlooked as a candidate for ebook conversion.

Quote:
Solomon Northup (July 1808 - after 1857) was a free-born African American from Saratoga Springs, New York. He is noted for having been kidnapped in 1841 when enticed with a job offer. When he accompanied his supposed employers to Washington, DC, they drugged him and sold him into slavery. From Washington, DC, he was transported to New Orleans where he was sold to a plantation owner from Rapides Parish, Louisiana. After 12 years in bondage, he regained his freedom in January 1853.
BobC
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Twelve Years a Slave - Solomon Northup.epub (1.32 MB, 801 views)

Last edited by BobC; 01-21-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added missing attachment
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Good find! Many thanks - but where is it?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I thought I had attached it, now done !
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Aberlaine
Aberlaine began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung GT-P3110/Kobo Glo
Thanks for that,...seems to be nicely cleaned up.
The Archive org. version was a bit of a mess.
I think I'll read it first and see the film in a year when the hype has died down.
170 years on and we still haven't eradicated slavery from the world... not even in the ''civilised west''.....a painful thought.
Aberlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Thanks for the epub. I notice you use px for margins etc, but I don't think that scales well. What do you think?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
BobC
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Thanks for the epub. I notice you use px for margins etc, but I don't think that scales well. What do you think?
I normally use ems, however If I build the EPUB using LibreOffice and export to EPUB then everything finishes up in px. I usually then hand edit the css to use ems but in this case I must have missed doing it.

BobC