Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #91
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Given how much nicer the screen on the PW2 looks so far from the pics on here, I'm glad I put a pre-order in! A week to wait though for UK orders.

I was possibly considering keeping the PW1 as a spare but now I think it's very likely that it will just end up on ebay
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #92
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
here is a comparison photo of both paperwhites in the dark at brightness setting 22. paperwhite 2 on left and paperwhite 1 on right
How does the brightness compare at low brightness settings?

I am using my PW1 typically at 0-3 at night, if the PW2 couldn't achieve similar minimum brightness as the PW1 it would be a deal breaker for me.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #93
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Can anyone take a picture of the PW 1 and 2 with the light on 0, under normal lighting? I'm curious about the screen contrast, without the light. Thanks!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #94
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My PW1 is very good and I've been debating over the financial sense to upgrade, especially as I have two more years of a three year warranty for it, but I am tempted.

I read two types of books, one I like to keep on an ereader permanently as its not stored in the cloud, and for that, as I only read that genre at home, I use a KK for (my PW is my main reader), do you think it's indulgent to replace th KK with my old PW and buy the new one as my main reader? That's what my heart wants to do but my head is having a few issues with the extravagance.
I kept my Touch as a secondary for this very reason, as it had 4gb of memory for storage, and speakers/audio for audiobooks & mp3. Your KK is the last to have the free Internet browser as well. I just sold my K4, and traded my PW1 so I could get the PW2. Must check trade-in value for the best price, and it's like getting the new one for a super price. My trade-in was for $113, today's price is $70, so up to you if it is worth it. My opinion, it's better to trade-in as it's a great price and avoids hassle of selling.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #95
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Can anyone take a picture of the PW 1 and 2 with the light on 0, under normal lighting? I'm curious about the screen contrast, without the light. Thanks!

eP
I will this afternoon, when mine gets here.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #96
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
in dark room
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fotó.JPG
Views:	832
Size:	956.4 KB
ID:	112497  
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #97
benjamin11900
benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: none
Tell me this is a KPW 1 please.
benjamin11900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #98
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Can anyone post a picture of the PW1 and 2 side by side with the light OFF to see if the native contrast really is higher?
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #99
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin11900 View Post
I second this motion: it's a PW1, right? Because if it is a PW2, I am getting worried. It may be the camera and ambient lighting, but I do so hope it's a PW1.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #100
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
if it's a PW1 it's way better than mine!
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #101
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin11900 View Post
It's a PW 1 indeed... i wanted to see if it is so obvious

Looks like the PW 2 is much better
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #102
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post

No, the fear is just much greater

*scnr*
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #103
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Hahaha, you got everyone in sweat there mister!

I am from the Kobo forum and has been thinking of getting a Kindle since PW1 but decided to get Kobo Glo instead because of the color blob patchy issue. I actually waiting for the exchange of the new Kobo Aura now, screen is so disappointing, sigh (which is weird since they have done it right before).

It's so hard (and expensive) to get Kindle at where I live but seemed like I might get it this time nonetheless (life is short, eh?), the screen is so good (which I have to say it should be this the first time..)

I am so envious of you guys who already got it or will get it soon. *green*
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #104
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

That was cruel!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #105
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Engadget has posted a review.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/30/a...e-review-2013/
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote